Hi there,
I'm trying to find recommendations for DVD drives. I've tried searching the forums but can't find anything, perhaps I've been using the wrong search terms.
I've already picked out a Bluray drive to use, but since my collection is about 80% DVDs, I wanted to pick up a DVD drive too to speed up the ripping process. I'm looking for a DVD drive specifically as they seem to be much cheaper.
Do DVD drives have compatibility issues/need to be flashed like Bluray drives, or do most/all DVD drives work with MakeMKV?
Thanks in advance.
Trying to find DVD drive recommendations (not bluray)
-
SternSam
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 am
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10977
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Trying to find DVD drive recommendations (not bluray)
For just DVD, you have fewer drives available nowadays, but just about any of them will work just fine with MakeMKV. I picked up a few of them on sale a few years ago for doing Linux installs.
A quick search on Amazon found over a half-dozen external USB drives under US$30. Even internal drives are still available.
A quick search on Amazon found over a half-dozen external USB drives under US$30. Even internal drives are still available.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging