Dump firmware of HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
schraube08
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Dump firmware of HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N

Post by schraube08 »

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my question - but it would be great if someone could help me.

I got a LG CA30N bluray drive and noticed that it has a riplock. As it's possible to remove the riplock from e.g. the CT30N drive (that is verly likely a relative of mine) with MediaCodeSpeedEdit I think it might also be possible for my drive.
My only problem is that I cannot find a firmware for my drive and all my attempts to dump the firmware of my drive are failing and so I hope someone else can give me a hint what to try next.

I already tried to dump with:
  • DevilsClaw
    SDF tool flasher
but failed with both.

Are there other tools I can try?

Thanks :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schraube08
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Dump firmware of HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N

Post by schraube08 »

And here a ew pics of the drive itself
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schraube08
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Dump firmware of HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N

Post by schraube08 »

and the last ones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coopervid
Posts: 4762
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Re: Dump firmware of HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N

Post by Coopervid »

I guess your attempt will not be successful. Devil's claw flasher only works with a Mediatek chip. Your pictures show a Panasonic chip. So the assumption is that this is a LG rebranded Matshita / Panasonic drive.

If I were you I would replace it with a BD / UHD drive that is dimensionally and electrically compatible. Be aware that some Laptop companies like Lenovo restrict the use of some drives and so there is a chance that it doesn't work.

Let me know if you have any other questions.