Hi.
What do I do when I get different angles on a bluray (See picture). Which is the right one?
Different angle on bluray
-
vetting
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Different angle on bluray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Ezatoka
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Do the angles have different segment files?
It could be, that in the movie there are signs and alike which are shown in the language of the audio track.
So let's say Segment 1, 2, 3.
And Segment 2 is natively in English. It could be 1,102, 3 for another language, and the middle part is a little scene of the movie, where the sign in a respective language is shown.
It could be, that in the movie there are signs and alike which are shown in the language of the audio track.
So let's say Segment 1, 2, 3.
And Segment 2 is natively in English. It could be 1,102, 3 for another language, and the middle part is a little scene of the movie, where the sign in a respective language is shown.
-
vetting
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
I didn't get any of that :/
If I expand the title in MakeMKV, I see all languages and subtitles are the same. But it is probably not what you mean?
If I expand the title in MakeMKV, I see all languages and subtitles are the same. But it is probably not what you mean?
-
Ezatoka
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
If you select one of the titles, you see on the right side of the window the segments from which each of the titles is made.
-
vetting
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Se picture. All have same segment count, but different segment map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Ezatoka
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Great. Now take a look into the streams folder. There you will find probably a very big 00800.m2ts file, which is I would assume the main movie.
If you now play and compare 00882.m2ts and e.g. 00886.m2ts I would assume, you will find what I talked about, like a different movie name display.
If you now play and compare 00882.m2ts and e.g. 00886.m2ts I would assume, you will find what I talked about, like a different movie name display.
-
vetting
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Where/How do I axcess the stremas folder?
-
Ezatoka
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Ah I'm sorry. It is a folder on the BluRay itself (bdmv/streams). But you can't play the m2ts files directly from the BluRay as they will be AACS encrypted.
I would assume, the first title with the appropriate size is English language.
If you want to be very sure, make a decrypted backup of the movie onto the hard disk, then play the m2ts files to find out.
Afterwards you can tell MakeMKV to open files manually and guide it to the BDMV directory, then you don't have to rip the disc twice to get MKVs
I would assume, the first title with the appropriate size is English language.
If you want to be very sure, make a decrypted backup of the movie onto the hard disk, then play the m2ts files to find out.
Afterwards you can tell MakeMKV to open files manually and guide it to the BDMV directory, then you don't have to rip the disc twice to get MKVs
-
vetting
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
When I get back from work, I will make a backup of the BR and check it out.
-
vetting
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Thank you EzatokaEzatoka wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:22 pm Ah I'm sorry. It is a folder on the BluRay itself (bdmv/streams). But you can't play the m2ts files directly from the BluRay as they will be AACS encrypted.
I would assume, the first title with the appropriate size is English language.
If you want to be very sure, make a decrypted backup of the movie onto the hard disk, then play the m2ts files to find out.
Afterwards you can tell MakeMKV to open files manually and guide it to the BDMV directory, then you don't have to rip the disc twice to get MKVs
-
Ezatoka
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
Glad I was able to help 
-
Johnny34
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2022 9:44 pm
Re: Different angle on bluray
I'm guessing if you looked at your last title of 39.6 GB, it would have been the .m2ts file, and MakeMKV can show the file name in the Title Information.