I purchased MakeMKV back in December and today, received an e-mail that I was getting a refund for the purchase. The order number on the refund is the same as the order I placed back in December. I never requested a refund.
Anyone know why this happened?
Refund?
-
stiligFox
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:15 pm
Re: Refund?
I just got the same email… I purchased MakeMKV many moons ago, over a year ago…
Any idea what’s going on?
Any idea what’s going on?
-
andrew2
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:20 pm
Re: Refund?
Just got this email too... I purchased a long time ago, and I've been happy with it ever since.
-Andrew
-Andrew
-
Demolitions
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:33 pm
Re: Refund?
Got this email as well, I hope this doesn't mean development is stopping.
-
by96$
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:08 am
Re: Refund?
Now that I know it wasn’t just me, I am getting nervous there is bad news coming…
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
johna
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:59 pm
Re: Refund?
Got the same refund notice as well. I am using makemkv on Linux. Same for you all?
-
by96$
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:08 am
Re: Refund?
I am using it on Windows.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
by96$
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:08 am
Re: Refund?
There is still an option to buy MakeMKV, but now the amount is $60. Weird.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
powrhaus
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 pm
- Location: United States
Re: Refund?
Care to share what the email was about for those of us who haven't seen an explanation?
Thanks
Thanks
-
by96$
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:08 am
Re: Refund?
Apparently there was a problem between MakeMKV and the company that handled the payments. Any purchases made in late 2020 or early 2021 got held by the other company and the only way to resolve it was for the money to be refunded.
-
powrhaus
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 pm
- Location: United States
Re: Refund?
Thank you!
-
revengineer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:26 pm
Re: Refund?
Refund received, sent it right back to Mike. Had to pay sales tax on the re-purchase, so it was not quite a wash. On the bright side, I now have an extra key.