Blu-ray player not able to play discs

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Karizmology

Blu-ray player not able to play discs

Post by Karizmology »

Hello. This typically isn't a question you'd get in here I don't think, but I'm having issues with playing my physical blu-ray discs in VLC (video player).

The error I get when I put in any blu-ray is " AACS Host Certificate Revoked and VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///E:/'. Check the log for details. " I literally bought like 100 blu-rays and now I can't watch them lol. My blu-ray drive isn't on the latest version. Do older versions prevent you from being able to play discs normally? It is a USB blu-ray drive that I use for my computer.

I don't know what to do about the AACS certificate. I followed an article that made me download some keys and some other download, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.
Woodstock

Re: Blu-ray player not able to play discs

Post by Woodstock »

It's your player software that has to present a non-revoked key to the player, which it will then use to decode the content. This is actually separate from the disk-specific keys you typically can download.

MakeMKV would have to have a new version issued when its keys were revoked, until it became possible to tell drives to completely ignore revocation lists with LibreDrive.