Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
NiCE77

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by NiCE77 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:02 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Thank you, is there a proper forum for the Ugoos?
I couldn’t find a forum for it either, but the Minix U22-XJ has the same SoC, so I’m assuming it’ll eventually have the same support (if it doesn’t already) as the Ugoos. They have a forum over at https://theminixforum.com/index.php?for ... 22-xj.130/.

@NICE77, can you btw check your Minix to see if it works as well as the Ugoos?
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:38 pm
Does anyone know if the Ugoos can do TV-LED DV?
Is DV playback stable: no freeze nor stuttering?
I'm assuming there is no NETFLIX ? what if you sideload it ? https://github.com/longseespace/netflix_patch
I think I'm going to order one, just waiting for more feedback.
I think you can sideload Netflix but it will probably be limited to a lower res because of the lack of a certification like most Chinese Android boxes.
The Minix's original firmware is very bad, but we have Ugoos port ;)
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtop ... y103863672
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

NiCE77 wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:06 am
So I have the Chinoppo, 2 Shield 2019 Pro, 4K firestick, Zidoo Z9X, had the Google thing with the long name and sold it because it can’t do lossless audio, what do I buy next, is this Ugog a winner?
I have the Shield 2019 Pro, FireTV 4k Stick, Zidoo Z9X, Apple TV 4K, Minix U22-XJ, X96 Max+ with CoreELEC and the Ugoos AM6 Plus :D
For DV FEL, the Ugoos is the best choice.
Has it been confirmed that the FEL is actually being used with the Ugoos? Picture comparisons somewhere?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

NiCE77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:12 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Thank you, is there a proper forum for the Ugoos?
I couldn’t find a forum for it either, but the Minix U22-XJ has the same SoC, so I’m assuming it’ll eventually have the same support (if it doesn’t already) as the Ugoos. They have a forum over at https://theminixforum.com/index.php?for ... 22-xj.130/.

RESET_9999 wrote:
I'm assuming there is no NETFLIX ? what if you sideload it ? https://github.com/longseespace/netflix_patch
I think you can sideload Netflix but it will probably be limited to a lower res because of the lack of a certification like most Chinese Android boxes.
Ah it looks the v0.3.7 is the latest firmware that was ported over, is this enough for FEL playback or do you need one of the newer ones? And have you tried it yourself? Only reason I’m asking is because the minix looks Iike it’s much easier to get here in the states :D
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

shawnc22 wrote:
NiCE77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:12 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

Ah it looks the v0.3.7 is the latest firmware that was ported over, is this enough for FEL playback or do you need one of the newer ones? And have you tried it yourself? Only reason I’m asking is because the minix looks Iike it’s much easier to get here in the states :D
I think I saw the Ugoos available on Gearbest. I haven't ordered anything from there, but remember reading it was a decent way to get a Xiaomi phone imported.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

bobbymkV wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:21 pm
I think I saw the Ugoos available on Gearbest. I haven't ordered anything from there, but remember reading it was a decent way to get a Xiaomi phone imported.
Looks oos at the moment, but wherever you can get it from, just hard to beat being able to buy the minix straight from Amazon with prime shipping :D
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

bobbymkV wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:14 pm
Has it been confirmed that the FEL is actually being used with the Ugoos? Picture comparisons somewhere?
yes someone posted a youtube video about it not a long time ago. go back a couple of page in this thread

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 pm

Only reason I’m asking is because the minix looks Iike it’s much easier to get here in the states :D
looks like it ships worldwide here.. decent price as well
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/UGOOS-A ... 23391.html
shawnc22 wrote:

well I guess it worth a try, the GitHub apk says that it enables widevine L1 which is the protection 4K stream use. 1080p is L3

DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

So, STDL playback is only stable in Plex on Ugoos, but only Kodi will do HD audio?
hepe9

Post by hepe9 »

Anyone can make a picture comparison with the chromecast with another device to see if it processes the image well? something like the x700
mattmarsden

Post by mattmarsden »

NiCE77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Yes, Player-LED (LLDV) and TV-LED too.
This device is not good for streaming (Netflix, HBO, etc.), only local playback.
The playback is stable, no stuttering, but I only use Plex with STDL ts files.
HD audio only with Kodi, but mkv DV playback is not yet stable.
Whats your workflow for creating STDL ts files? Do you go via Makemkv?
bgalakazam

Post by bgalakazam »

Anyone with the Ugoos have firewall/network data on the device phoning home? Not too fond of putting a Chinese device that connects remotely inside my home network. The company is also mainly Chinese and Russian oriented. No direct US sellers does say a lot.
Device comes with latest Android 9 OS on board and OTA updater, so you no need to update firmware manually.
Also, at a comparable price to the X700, but without playing UHD Blurays, all this has extra is the Gigabit ethernet... for the price I rather just rent / buy the DV movies that come out (there are not that many).
Sony X700 -> Onkyo TX-RZ830 -> LG C8
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

bobbymkV wrote:
NiCE77 wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:06 am
So I have the Chinoppo, 2 Shield 2019 Pro, 4K firestick, Zidoo Z9X, had the Google thing with the long name and sold it because it can’t do lossless audio, what do I buy next, is this Ugog a winner?
I have the Shield 2019 Pro, FireTV 4k Stick, Zidoo Z9X, Apple TV 4K, Minix U22-XJ, X96 Max+ with CoreELEC and the Ugoos AM6 Plus :D
Here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/media- ... r.3183512/
shawnc22 wrote:
Yes, I'm tried, it works.
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:02 pm
So, STDL playback is only stable in Plex on Ugoos, but only Kodi will do HD audio?
Yes. But in kodi they will definitely be improved.
mattmarsden wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:28 pm
No, demux with tsmuxer -> making stdl hevc with yusesope's tool -> remux with dolby's mp4muxer -> remux to ts with tsmuxer
It might work like this: demux with tsmuxer -> making stdl hevc with yusesope's tool -> remux hevc to ts with tsmuxer
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

NiCE77 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:37 am
bobbymkV wrote:
NiCE77 wrote:
Here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/media- ... r.3183512/
shawnc22 wrote:
Yes, I'm tried, it works.
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:02 pm
Yes. But in kodi they will definitely be improved.
mattmarsden wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:28 pm
No, demux with tsmuxer -> making stdl hevc with yusesope's tool -> remux with dolby's mp4muxer -> remux to ts with tsmuxer
It might work like this: demux with tsmuxer -> making stdl hevc with yusesope's tool -> remux hevc to ts with tsmuxer
So over on the Kodi thread Fandangos isn’t aware how it is working and seem to believe that Ugoos have their own fork.
Do Ugoos have their own fork?
Or is going to be the case that Fandangos or someone else will need to get the Ugoos and refine the current process?
mattmarsden

Post by mattmarsden »

No the Ugoos is using the Kodi DV build that is being geared for the Shield so it will need refining further, but worth it I think as its the only device that will do FEL with HD audio.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

The Ugoos has no problem with HD audio at the moment when you launch Kodi out of Android? Last I heard the amlogic soc had some sort of issue where you can only get HD audio out of CoreELEC Kodi.
mattmarsden

Post by mattmarsden »

No, HD audio works perfectly with Android Kodi on the Ugoos.