Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
yossSP

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yossSP »

NiCE77 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:57 pm
yossSP wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 pm
dysprosium wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:38 am

Ah, you're right about it being the S905D3, I'll edit my post to fix. It's interesting that the S905D3 can decode multiple streams "up to 4x1080P@60fps"; 4x1080P@60fps is equal to 1x2160P@60fps, or 1x2160P@30fps + 4x1080P@30fps, so it would be enough to fully decode FEL at 23.976fps, which is the majority of DV UHDs. However, to fully decode a FEL at 2160P@60fps, you would need to decode 1x2160P@60fps + 1x1080P@60fps, so it seems like the Chromecast with Google TV might not be able to deal with this while the AM6Plus could (in theory). If there was a 2160p@60fps FEL UHD released one day, we could test this (Gemini Man is close, but is 2160p@60fps MEL).

Also, it seems like the CPU doesn't even matter regarding this - the datasheets all say

So it seems like the AVE-10 hardware decoder is the key thing that is enabling the proper FEL decode on the S905D3 and S922X-J. Perhaps this explains why the RTD1619DR is not capable of decoding FEL, despite having a very similar CPU (6x ARM Cortex-A55) to the S905D3 and S922X-J.
It sounds coherent :)

I can confirm that this Chromecast navigate fluidly Google TV and runs smoothly when playing the heaviest material I've got, which is Dolby Vision 90mbps 24fps FEL titles.
The AFR working with Chromecast?
Please don't be so parse... What does means AFR? Automatic Frame Rate?

If so, the answer is no. This Chromecast doesn't do automatic frame rate or resolution change. Neither in system, Plex, Emby or Kodi, it doesn't support the same API this apps use for this functionality.

Perhaps in a future update, the last one open the posibility to playback every Dolby Vision single track profiles, but it's not assured.

My system is always at 4K@60hz and I have to say that playing with the motion config of my Panasonic HZ1000 TV (IFC, Inteligent Frame Creation) the playback is perfectly smooth with no soap opera effect.
ragico

Post by ragico »

@yossSP
Pls what are the IFC settings in yr TV?
Thanks
yossSP

Post by yossSP »

galarond wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:03 pm
so, to be clear, im about to buy one of those two guys...

chromecast (internal player with external usb, no plex, servers or anything), vs x700 (internal player with usb) whats the diferrence in video quality and what can/cannot play concerning DV?

m2ts, mkv, mp4

dts, thu hd, ac3, dolby atmos
For this use discard new Chromecast, it only accepts onlyread FAT32 filesystem on USB storage, so no files with more than 4Gb are possible in it. Incredible these days. Hope Google include exFAT and/or NTFS in future firmware updates.

For now it's an excelent device por streaming content over Internet and local media servers like Plex or Emby.
Last edited by yossSP on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
yossSP

Post by yossSP »

ragico wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm
@yossSP
Pls what are the IFC settings in yr TV?
Thanks
My settings are Custom with:
- Blur Reduction: 5
- Film Smooth: 6
- Black Frame Insertion: Off

It's perfect for my taste, but every eye is different ;)
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

yossSP wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:54 pm
galarond wrote:

chromecast (internal player with external usb, no plex, servers or anything), vs x700 (internal player with usb) whats the diferrence in video quality and what can/cannot play concerning DV?

m2ts, mkv, mp4

For this use discard new Chromecast, it only accepts onlyread FAT32 filesystem on USB storage, so no files with more than 4Gb are possible in it. Incredible this days. Hope Google include exFAT and/or NTFS in future firmware updates.

For now it's an excelent device por streaming content over Internet and local media servers like Plex or Emby.
How can it be if it doesn’t support frame rate matching or hd audio?
yossSP

Post by yossSP »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:03 pm
yossSP wrote:
galarond wrote:

m2ts, mkv, mp4

For this use discard new Chromecast, it only accepts onlyread FAT32 filesystem on USB storage, so no files with more than 4Gb are possible in it. Incredible this days. Hope Google include exFAT and/or NTFS in future firmware updates.

Well, the answer is explained in detail written before, in summary, different users have different priorities and needs. For my use, this device is the one that best meets my needs. Clearly, not your case.
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

yossSP wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:00 pm
NiCE77 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:57 pm
yossSP wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 pm

It sounds coherent :)

I can confirm that this Chromecast navigate fluidly Google TV and runs smoothly when playing the heaviest material I've got, which is Dolby Vision 90mbps 24fps FEL titles.
The AFR working with Chromecast?
Please don't be so parse... What does means AFR? Automatic Frame Rate?

If so, the answer is no. This Chromecast doesn't do automatic frame rate or resolution change. Neither in system, Plex, Emby or Kodi, it doesn't support the same API this apps use for this functionality.

Perhaps in a future update, the last one open the posibility to playback every Dolby Vision single track profiles, but it's not assured.

My system is always at 4K@60hz and I have to say that playing with the motion config of my Panasonic HZ1000 TV (IFC, Inteligent Frame Creation) the playback is perfectly smooth with no soap opera effect.
Thanks, playing all content on 60 Hz is very wrong way. The Ugoos is much better choice.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

yossSP wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
yossSP wrote:

Well, the answer is explained in detail written before, in summary, different users have different priorities and needs. For my use, this device is the one that best meets my needs. Clearly, not your case.
Not Clearly, definitely.
I bought one pre release and sold it after 3 weeks, no Frame rate matching and HD Audio as mentioned, it downmixed all AAC files to stereo, so I relegated it to the guest bedroom, tried to put external storage in which it constantly ejected (tried various combinations of hubs and storage devices) tried to install Hyperspin on it and it didn’t work and thought ‘forget it’ useless mainstream targeted piece of shite.

Thing is I asked about the Ugoos, and ended with an essay about Google Chromecast with Google TV.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Please delete.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:24 am
yossSP wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:

Not Clearly, definitely.
I bought one pre release waited weeks for the delivery and sold it after 3 weeks, no Frame rate matching and HD Audio as mentioned, it downmixed all AAC files to stereo, so I relegated it to the guest bedroom, tried to put external storage in which it constantly ejected (tried various combinations of hubs and storage devices) tried to install Hyperspin on it and it didn’t work and thought ‘forget it’ useless mainstream targeted piece of shite.

Thing is I asked about the Ugoos, and ended with an essay about Google Chromecast with Google TV.
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:06 am
So I have the Chinoppo, 2 Shield 2019 Pro, 4K firestick, Zidoo Z9X, had the Google thing with the long name and sold it because it can’t do lossless audio, what do I buy next, is this Ugog a winner?
I have the Shield 2019 Pro, FireTV 4k Stick, Zidoo Z9X, Apple TV 4K, Minix U22-XJ, X96 Max+ with CoreELEC and the Ugoos AM6 Plus :D
For DV FEL, the Ugoos is the best choice.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

NiCE77 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:50 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:06 am
So I have the Chinoppo, 2 Shield 2019 Pro, 4K firestick, Zidoo Z9X, had the Google thing with the long name and sold it because it can’t do lossless audio, what do I buy next, is this Ugog a winner?
I have the Shield 2019 Pro, FireTV 4k Stick, Zidoo Z9X, Apple TV 4K, Minix U22-XJ, X96 Max+ with CoreELEC and the Ugoos AM6 Plus :D
For DV FEL, the Ugoos is the best choice.
Thank you, is there a proper forum for the Ugoos?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Does anyone know if the Ugoos can do TV-LED DV?
Is DV playback stable: no freeze nor stuttering?
I'm assuming there is no NETFLIX ? what if you sideload it ? https://github.com/longseespace/netflix_patch
I think I'm going to order one, just waiting for more feedback.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Thank you, is there a proper forum for the Ugoos?
I couldn’t find a forum for it either, but the Minix U22-XJ has the same SoC, so I’m assuming it’ll eventually have the same support (if it doesn’t already) as the Ugoos. They have a forum over at https://theminixforum.com/index.php?for ... 22-xj.130/.

@NICE77, can you btw check your Minix to see if it works as well as the Ugoos?
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:38 pm
I'm assuming there is no NETFLIX ? what if you sideload it ? https://github.com/longseespace/netflix_patch
I think you can sideload Netflix but it will probably be limited to a lower res because of the lack of a certification like most Chinese Android boxes.
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:38 pm
Yes, Player-LED (LLDV) and TV-LED too.
This device is not good for streaming (Netflix, HBO, etc.), only local playback.
The playback is stable, no stuttering, but I only use Plex with STDL ts files.
HD audio only with Kodi, but mkv DV playback is not yet stable.