Feature Request

Everything related to MakeMKV
Joey1991

Feature Request

Post by Joey1991 »

MakeMKV is easily the best BluRay ripper out there and trust me, I've tried a lot. I haven't ever noticed a loss in quality when using it.

BUT -

Something I'd quite like to see would be a feature to rip only selected chapters in a title? I have The Office on BluRay and my brother can't watch them because he doesn't have a BR player, so I'd quite like to rip each episode seperately to put on our network drive.

If that feature was added I'd buy a copy of MakeMKV in a heartbit. It's so useful! :D
Marc_G

Re: Feature Request

Post by Marc_G »

Hi Joey,

I don't have The Office on Bluray, so I can't speak specifically to your issue, but I use MakeMKV to rip episodic (TV) bluray discs all the time, resulting in individual episodes each in their own .mkv file. Usually, a disc with TV series will have 3-5 episodes per disc, and MakeMKV will find the individual episodes and output them. Often, it will also find a larger track containing all episodes in sequence, but I never have it create that file. For example, one disc of Fringe I recall had 4 episodes with I think 7 chapters each and one big track with 28 chapters that was the whole sequence together. I just ripped the episodes individually.

So in summary, if your disc isn't showing individual episode tracks, either something unusual happened in the mastering, and there's nothing there for MakeMKV to find, or perhaps they are doing the episodes in a weird way, and Mike can incorporate log info you send him to make MakeMKV smarter and handle that sort of disc. He's very responsive!

Marc
altonhall

Re: Feature Request

Post by altonhall »

I'd like to second the original feature request. I'd love the ability to rip only select chapters, or otherwise choose the starting/ending timeframes for an output file. This would be especially useful since I haven't been able to come up with an .mkv editor that works the way I want.