Problem With 3 days to kill... new protection system

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Damian83

Problem With 3 days to kill... new protection system

Post by Damian83 »

Hi! its the first time something happens. this is the screenshot:

the movie have more than 100 titles, all similar, 1:55:34, 1:154:04, etc. problem is finding the correct one. if u choose a bad one, then some scenes repeats, or are in wrong places. i then found an already ripped mkv, that's lenght is 1:55:54. i searched then for titles with that exact lenght and found two. ripped both, but both are still wrong. also tried to find the correct m2ts file but there isnt as the movie itself its more than 30gb

it measn that movie its a combination of these m2ts. the question is: how to find the correct title? is it a new protection system?
Woodstock

Re: Problem With 3 days to kill... new protection system

Post by Woodstock »

Not new, there are a number of movies out there where the title selection is made difficult by having many different (and mostly incorrect) segment orders. For some movies, which title is the "correct" one varies wither where you buy it from.

If you can't find a list of the correct title in searching internet, the fall back is to watch each title that has the correct length, and see which one has the scenes in the correct order.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Damian83

Post by Damian83 »

Woodstock wrote:Not new, there are a number of movies out there where the title selection is made difficult by having many different (and mostly incorrect) segment orders. For some movies, which title is the "correct" one varies wither where you buy it from.

If you can't find a list of the correct title in searching internet, the fall back is to watch each title that has the correct length, and see which one has the scenes in the correct order.
it are 196... i give up
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

This must not be a very popular movie, considering that a google search for which title is correct points to THIS THREAD as the number one "hit"!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

8 years on and MakeMKV cannot rip this!

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.17.3 linux(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=E064BA3E3F81)
Using direct disc access mode
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
IFO file for VTS #0 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
Failed to open disc
I have the U.K. version - sealed and brand new.

I am not going to lose sleep over it (was given the DVD for free and I will probably look for the Blu-ray) but it certainly is an interesting one.

Shall I keep the DVD at the bottom of a drawer to use as a reference? Can I post it to the dev?

:-)

Paul
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

try another opening mode:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28541