Impossible to convert the Blu-Ray "La Vie D'ad?le"

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mottelet

Impossible to convert the Blu-Ray "La Vie D'ad?le"

Post by mottelet »

Hello,

Makemkv fails to convert the blu-ray "La vie d'ad?le" (SKU: 2XVDVDWPIQAKX) with bad sector error. The blu-ray (brand new, no scratchs or anything else) plays fine in my BL player. Interesting info : anydvd fails also.

S.
mottelet

Re: Impossible to convert the Blu-Ray "La Vie D'ad?le"

Post by mottelet »

mottelet wrote:Hello,

Makemkv fails to convert the blu-ray "La vie d'ad?le" (SKU: 2XVDVDWPIQAKX) with bad sector error. The blu-ray (brand new, no scratchs or anything else) plays fine in my BL player. Interesting info : anydvd fails also.

S.
More precisely, I have the following errors :

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '5446889472'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '5446889472'

I use MakeMKV 1.8.11 and the Disc is reported to use AACS V46

S.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And MakeMKV and Anydvd are reporting the problem to you - the disk has a bad spot on it.

Remember, DVD and Bluray players are PROGRAMMED TO IGNORE MINOR ERRORS. You may not notice a glitch in the video or audio, or you might, but they'll plow through it. There is enough redundancy in the video stream to make up for a missing frame or three.

But tools meant to rip an ACCURATE copy of the disk will complain when confronted with unreadable sectors.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

Get a replacement disc, it is faulty.

Blu-ray players are programmed to skip unreadable sector, hence it will play fine even though the disc is faulty.