Thor: The Dark World

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
KaldrinX

Thor: The Dark World

Post by KaldrinX »

Getting the following error when I try and rip it:
===================================

Saving 1 titles into directory D:/Movies
Error 'OS error - Access is denied' occurred while creating 'D:/Movies/MARVEL'S_THOR_THE_DARK_WORLD_-_BLU-RAY_t06.mkv'
Failed to save title 6 to file D:/Movies/MARVEL'S_THOR_THE_DARK_WORLD_-_BLU-RAY_t06.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

===================================

Also doesn't play with the latest update from VLC. I'm guessing the OS access denied is indication that the encryption is preventing access. Any ideas on what I can check? I've only ever had success with makemkv so I have never really played around with it to get it working.

Edit: Just tried streaming it and that seems to work, but it isn't a great stream. Stalls about every minute or so then continues.

Edit2: Okay, permissions became corrupted on the destination folder. All fixed now. Mods can delete this post as an error.
Last edited by KaldrinX on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Thor: The Dark World

Post by Woodstock »

Error 'OS error - Access is denied' occurred while creating 'D:/Movies/MARVEL'S_THOR_THE_DARK_WORLD_-_BLU-RAY_t06.mkv'
You need to set up the access rights for D:\Movies to allow the user that MakeMKV runs under to make changes. It needs "Full Access".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
asiraphale

Post by asiraphale »

i ripped this out and the sub's when the dark elves talk isn't showing up. is there a trick to get makemkv to display those so handbrake can add them to the file? i had all the english marked on one rip and on another just the 3rd cause i read thats the one that has the elf speak on it. but not showing up in vlc.

edit. nevermind i think i figured it out. in vlc i had all subs turned off. so im reripping with track 3 which showed the elf speak then i will select that one in handbrake and all should be good.
mufb74

Post by mufb74 »

I was able to get the Dark Elves languages subtitles to display without anything else. I ripped the movie from the 00810.mpls movie title and selected all 3 English subtitle tracks including the "Forced Subtitles". In VLC, I selected "Track 3 - English" and I am getting the Darks Elves language subtitles only.
drathbun

Post by drathbun »

Wow, thank you so much to those who have contributed to this topic. I ripped Dark World a while back and never got around to watching it. Normally my standard settings for subtitles work just fine, but in this case the Dark Elf dialog did not come through. I was going nuts trying to figure it out and this topic helped solve my problem. Thanks!