Tropic Thunder

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Twinsborg

Tropic Thunder

Post by Twinsborg »

Tropic Thunder is a blue ray disk and when I put it in makemkv says "no disk inserted". I have converted Blu-ray and standard dvds without any problem. I tried two different dvd players. Internal and external. I have the latest version 1.8.3???????
Thanks,
Frank
setarip_old

Re: Tropic Thunder

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
I tried two different dvd players. Internal and external

Did you mean to say "Blu-ray players" or are they, as you state, actually DVD players?

If they are, in fact, DVD-only players, they are not capable of reading Blu-ray discs...

Twinsborg

Post by Twinsborg »

:? I convert dvds on my lap top that I also connect an iomega cd r/w and dvd rom via usd/firewire. I have converted hundreds of standard and Blu-ray dvds. The dvd plays fine but no dvd r/w or rom will see it. It says "no disk inserted".
Frank
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Blu-rays Blu-rays, and NOT DVDs or even "Blu-ray DVDs". You MUST have BD-ROM (or BD-R, BD-RE) drive to read them. Period.
Twinsborg

Post by Twinsborg »

I have a PS3 that I play my blue ray movies on. I get it now. :oops: :oops: :oops:
What I don't understand is why I was able to make a mkv file out of another blue ray disk on my non blue ray equipment?
Thanks,
Frank
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Twinsborg wrote:What I don't understand is why I was able to make a mkv file out of another blue ray disk on my non blue ray equipment?
Must have been a DVD.