Prison Break S01 D01 Decrypting Error

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Pizzle

Prison Break S01 D01 Decrypting Error

Post by Pizzle »

Hi,

I recently purchased the complete series on Blu-ray (in region A/B) and have decided to back it up. The first disc won't scan properly and anydvd hd (Version 7.1.5.0) just says "AnyDVD is Scanning the disc!" for like 10 minutes. I tried the next 2 discs, Disc 2 and Disc 3, and they worked fine.

I primarily use Makemkv, but that failed too. I also tried DVDFab... but again that failed too. I've been ripping/encoding for a few years now, but this has me puzzled :/

In the Anydvd log it says this near the end:
1024.55s: HD type: 1
1024.55s: ERROR: failed to read file /AACS/Unit_Key_RO.inf!
1024.55s: HD: Error getting volume hash!

Whenever I try and scan the disc with MakeMKV I get error messages like this:

MakeMKV v1.8.0 win(x64-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, OPERATION IN PROGRESS' occurred while reading '/AACS/MKB_RO.inf' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:READ RETRIES EXHAUSTED' occurred while reading '/AACS/Content000.cer' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, OPERATION IN PROGRESS' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS SBW-06C1S-U C202' at offset '524288'
Failed to open disc

This mean anything to anyone?

I've posted this thread on the Doom9 & Slysoft forums as well just to be safe.

Thanks for your time, it's greatly appreciated :)

AnyDvd HD 7.1.5.0 Log attached.

P.S. The Blu-ray drive is quite new (bought 3 months ago) and the discs are brand new just opened yesterday, so we can rule them out.
Attachments
AnyDVD_log.txt
(14.34 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
setarip_old

Re: Prison Break S01 D01 Decrypting Error

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
the discs are brand new just opened yesterday, so we can rule them out.
You can't rule ANYTHING out initially.

Have you examined the disc for any and all kinds of physical damage that may have occurred during manufacturing, packing, or shipping?

Have you, at the very least played the disc (on the same system you're using to rip the discs) and observed the playback for any out of the ordinary behavior?

I'd suggest you return the set to the place of purchase in exchange for a new replacement...

Pizzle

Post by Pizzle »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!
the discs are brand new just opened yesterday, so we can rule them out.
You can't rule ANYTHING out initially.

Have you examined the disc for any and all kinds of physical damage that may have occurred during manufacturing, packing, or shipping?

Have you, at the very least played the disc (on the same system you're using to rip the discs) and observed the playback for any out of the ordinary behavior?

I'd suggest you return the set to the place of purchase in exchange for a new replacement...

I examined the disc very closely and it was flawless. Unfortunately I cannot play the disc on my PC, because the only software available is Powerdvd and that won't even load the disc without freezing. It played fine on my home theater systems blu-ray player and my ps3. I usually back up my disc with makemkv and watch it with Vlc...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If PowerDVD can't read it either, then hardware problems move up the list.

How are other BDs, not from this series, doing in the drive?

If you put the BD in the drive and try to navigate it with Explorer, can you visit each directory, and get file listings?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Pizzle

Post by Pizzle »

Woodstock wrote:If PowerDVD can't read it either, then hardware problems move up the list.

How are other BDs, not from this series, doing in the drive?

If you put the BD in the drive and try to navigate it with Explorer, can you visit each directory, and get file listings?
Hi,

Other Blu-ray's work fine. I recently started building my Blu-ray collection and this is the first disc that's had a problem.

I can navigate through the folders on the disc, but it just takes alot longer then usual. Considering getting it resurfaced to see if that fixes it.

Cheers