SCSI Error when ripping Certain Blu-rays

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JimT1701

SCSI Error when ripping Certain Blu-rays

Post by JimT1701 »

I have been trying to Rip two different movies for some time and I keep getting the same error. The rip goes all the way to 100% and then stops with a SCSI error and the resulting MKV is deleted. Is this a copy protection error or is the disc damaged? All other discs rip fine except these two. I am running the most recent 1.7.9 version on a Windows 2008 R2 server with 16GB of RAM. Screenshots attached.
MakeMKV3.png
MakeMKV3.png (83.12 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
MakeMKV2.png
MakeMKV2.png (80.07 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
MakeMKV1.png
MakeMKV1.png (89.17 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
JimT1701

Re: SCSI Error when ripping Certain Blu-rays

Post by JimT1701 »

Well it looks like I should have read this forum a little more before posting this question. Seems this error could indicate a damaged disc. I can try using another drive I guess as the discs themselves are very clean I make sure all my discs are flawless. Any other suggestions are welcome.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
I guess as the discs themselves are very clean I make sure all my discs are flawless. Any other suggestions are welcome.
In light of you problem, you've nothing to lose by very carefully and thoroughly cleaning the discs once again. Some things are not visible to the naked eye, while others (light scratches, etc.) are not visible due to the angle of the light being used to check...

I've been (pleasantly) surprised more than once ;>}

cryp7

Post by cryp7 »

Had this same error. The solution that I found was setting the Read Retry Count in the Preferences menu to 25. Once it hit the point that was causing issues, it took a little bit, but it managed to skip the corrupted or damaged sectors.