Stomp the Yard

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tangelwing

Stomp the Yard

Post by tangelwing »

Hello. I am trying to convert my blu-ray disc to an mkv file. There are so many issues.
  • 1. When I insert the disc and open MakeMKV, it doesn't have the discs name. Instead it has "Logical_Volume_ID" where the name should be. The other 3 blu-ray discs that I converted show up under their names.
    2. I click for it to convert and it goes through the whole process. When I try to open it in KMPlayer, it freezes. I'm forced to ctrl+alt+del and exit KMPlayer that way. This has happened all 4 times that I've attempted to convert the disc.
    3. The converted file will play in Windows Media Player but it has no sound.
    4. The file will play in VLC, with sound, but not before telling me this --> "No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."
    5. All the previews and clips of the director talking have converted properly. I can play them in KMPlayer, with sound, without issues. It's just the movie that doesn't want to convert/play properly.
Is there anything that I might be doing wrong? I really need it to play in KMPlayer. Please help if you can.
setarip_old

Re: Stomp the Yard

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
Instead it has "Logical_Volume_ID" where the name should be.
That is simply the default name that appears on Blu-rays when a specific name was not entered during the manufacturing process This was extremely prevalent during the early stages of Blu-ray disc production)...

tangelwing

Re: Stomp the Yard

Post by tangelwing »

Oh thank you. Could the DVD being older have anything to do with it not converting properly? Maybe there's something that I have to change in preferences to make it better?