Avatar ECE gets stuck on "your bluray player needs an update

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
inliner

Avatar ECE gets stuck on "your bluray player needs an update

Post by inliner »

I've made a full backup of Avatar ECE disc 1 and when I play the bdmv folder on my bdp it gets stuck on the "your bluray player needs an update to play this movie"-screen, whereas the original disc works without a problem. Can this be a copy-protection problem? Or may it be related to BD+ (only done one other disc with BD+ yet, Tron Legacy and it works)?

Is the BD+ option under "protection"-setting important?

And one other thing: What's in the Makemkv folder that is additionally created and is it needed when rebuilding/burning the bluray?
setarip_old

Re: Avatar ECE gets stuck on "your bluray player needs an up

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

I believe you may be confusing issues or simply mistaken about one or two things:

1) "Tron Legacy" is a Disney release and does not contain BD+

2) If, in fact, your original, commercial "Avatar Extended Collectors Edition" plays without advising that your player requires an update, then your FULL DISC backup copy should behave the same way.

3) Are you sure you're not confusing the behavior of these two titles?

4) Did you (as you should have) saved your "Avatar ECE" backup as DEcrypted?

5) Were any error messages generated when you were backing up "Avatar ECE"? If so, try it again and submit the error log

inliner

Post by inliner »

1) Ok I must be confused by the extra discs than.

2) The update warning may have popped up shortly when I played the original disc but menu and film started normally. The copy gets stuck there. If I press popup-menu there, I get a BD-J Error 0001.

3) no =)

4) Yes the copied files are decrypted. I can view the streams on pc.

5) I noticed no errors. A friend has the disc over weekend, but I will try again come next week.

One thing though, the makemkv folder inside bdmv seems to have been deleted by another tool.
Does it contain needed information in any way? But thats also the fact with other discs and they function normally.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

the makemkv folder inside bdmv
Small point - the MakeMKV folder is not inside the BDMV folder. The three folders, "BDMV", "CERTIFICATE", and "MAKEMKV" are all at the same level of 1 level below the root directory.

The MakeMKV folder contains AACS protection code removed from the disc. It is not needed for anything. Normally, there's also no need for the "discattd.dat" file...

("Other" programs have the ability to circumvent the "update required" notification and related JAVA deadend error notification - but don't tell anyone I told you ;>} On the other hand, if you have no concern about updates, just go ahead and do it)

inliner

Post by inliner »

Tried the disc again, giving the same behavior as before and getting stuck. Original disc takes some time to load (which seems normal) but works as expected.

I've uploaded the debug dump:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-395 ... 3.tgz.html
Psychogambler

Post by Psychogambler »

Same thing here. I ripped an original Avatar 3D-BD using makemkv 1.6.16 (and the LG-BE12LU38 in DASPI v1.3 mode) as a 1:1 copy. Next I burned the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder using toast 10 and the udf-format option, but also tried the bdmv-option...same here :( . After the burning process my Pana BDT310 won't play the burned version, although the original works quite well. I also get the message "your bluray player needs an update to play this movie...". The BDT310 is up-to-date, definitly.
I ripped other films 1:1, burnt them and they work.

Can anybody plz help?
Psychogambler

Post by Psychogambler »

"Other" programs have the ability to circumvent the "update required" notification and related JAVA deadend error notification
What are these progrmas on osx?
Psychogambler

Post by Psychogambler »

No idea anybody? :(