MakeMKV not ripping particular movies

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
anthont05us

MakeMKV not ripping particular movies

Post by anthont05us »

I'm having problems ripping Nightmare Before Christmas, I Robot, and all Pirates of the Caribbean movies. MakeMKV seems to freezes up after 6 minutes or so, and doesn't rip any info from the movies.

I never had a problem ripping these movies on my mac using MakeMKV, but now I'm using windows and it doesn't seem to work on these movies.
setarip_old

Re: MakeMKV not ripping particular movies

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

If it's been some time since you last successfully copied these commercial Blu-ray discs, try cleaning them...

anthont05us

Post by anthont05us »

The blu rays are all clean. Could it be the blu ray drive by any chance?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Could it be the blu ray drive by any chance?
That's always a possibility - either failing or in need of a cleaning.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to run a cleaning disc on the drive...

anthont05us

Post by anthont05us »

I used dvdfab presskey with MakeMKV and it ripped one of the movies without any problem. The only problem I found was stuttering on two scenes. At least I know it's not the drive. I dont know what else I can do.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV seems to freeze at the start when converting movies with many seamless segments. This is improved in 1.6.13 . In any case you can try making a full disc backup with MakeMKV first and then make an MKV file from this backup. When making backup, MakeMKV will ensure that M2TS files are not corrupted ( so-called hash check).
anthont05us

Post by anthont05us »

I did the backup successfully on one the Blu-Rays, but when I tried making the MKV from the backup it froze up again. The only thing different is MakeMKV froze in a minute (backup), instead of six minutes (Disc).
saishutu

Post by saishutu »

I am also experiencing rip problems with BD Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I tried my own disc and also borrowed a friend's as a test. Neither disc would rip. Received the "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" message.

Full disc backup completes without any error, both encrypted and decrypted variants tested successfully.

Example log file from a disc-based rip is attached, along with the related OSX crash log.

Computer info: iMac Core i5 2.8 GHz, 12GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8
BD Drive: LG BE12LU30 via USB (direct to iMac, no intermediate hubs)
MakeMKV: v1.6.13 darwin(x86-release)

Thanks,

-sai
Attachments
OSX Crash Log.txt
(11.69 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
MakeMKV_log part 2.txt
(680.57 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
MakeMKV_log part 1.txt
(641.65 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

anthont05us wrote:I did the backup successfully on one the Blu-Rays, but when I tried making the MKV from the backup it froze up again. The only thing different is MakeMKV froze in a minute (backup), instead of six minutes (Disc).
This is a bug, will be addressed very soon http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3955
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

saishutu wrote:I am also experiencing rip problems with BD Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I tried my own disc and also borrowed a friend's as a test. Neither disc would rip. Received the "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" message.

Full disc backup completes without any error, both encrypted and decrypted variants tested successfully.

Example log file from a disc-based rip is attached, along with the related OSX crash log.

Thanks,

-sai
For the hang, it's a new bug - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3955 . Can you please explain under what conditions the crash happens?
saishutu

Post by saishutu »

mike admin wrote:
saishutu wrote:I am also experiencing rip problems with BD Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I tried my own disc and also borrowed a friend's as a test. Neither disc would rip. Received the "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" message.

Thanks,

-sai
For the hang, it's a new bug - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3955 . Can you please explain under what conditions the crash happens?

The crash log was generated during the attempt to rip the BD Pirates 1 (Black Pearl) disc. In this instance I selected only the third title from the list, consisting of the video track, DD 3/2+1 English audio track, and English + English (forced only) subtitles. The program appeared to be reading data from the disc, never generated any output, and stopped with the "Fatal error occurred..." message. The end result was the MakeMKV log file and the OSX crash log that I uploaded in my previous post.

If there is any additional information you would like me to provide, or if you would like me to perform any additional tests, please let me know. Thanks!
Icetrips

Post by Icetrips »

I did the backup successfully on one the Blu-Rays, but when I tried making the MKV from the backup it froze up again. The only thing different is MakeMKV froze in a minute (backup), instead of six minutes (Disc).
You must have original disk, if the disk rip coming from DvdFab, it's not good. DvdFab build not standard file... (and it's not supported by MakeMKV).
AnyDvd should be completly be turned off too.

When MakeMKV froze, just let him go. Sometime after 10 minutes, the rip resume.

If you still have problem with an original disk and AnyDvd disabled, I should try another version of MakeMKV. I recommend 1.6.8.

I complete:
Nightmare Before Christmas (yesterday)
And the one of the Pirates of Caribbean (few months ago)
Without any trouble under MakeMKV 1.6.8.
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA
Luzifer

Post by Luzifer »

Hi, I'm having problems ripping Zapreshchennaya realnost/ die dunkle Macht and Transmorphers: Fall of Man. MakeMKV freezes up from the beginning.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(473 Bytes) Downloaded 382 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please download 1.6.14 , should be fixed.
saishutu

Post by saishutu »

mike admin wrote:Please download 1.6.14 , should be fixed.
1.6.14 did indeed fix the problem. Thanks for such a quick resolution! I have ordered & registered MakeMKV as a more tangible show of appreciation, and look forward to resuming the backup of my BD titles.

-sai