Back Up Bluray To Disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
captainfearless

Back Up Bluray To Disc

Post by captainfearless »

Is there a definitive method to backing up a full bluray with the intention of creating an ISO for burning to disc?

I've backed up discs and created image files using Imgburn, but the resulting discs don't play. They load, are recognised as blurays and then the screen goes white. Is this actually possible?
dcoke22

Re: Back Up Bluray To Disc

Post by dcoke22 »

I've never tried to burn a blu-ray, but as I understand it, the steps would be to create a decrypted backup using MakeMKV, then use Imgburn to create the correct image file, then burn that to a blu-ray.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Back Up Bluray To Disc

Post by MartyMcNuts »

captainfearless wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:00 pm
Is there a definitive method to backing up a full bluray with the intention of creating an ISO for burning to disc?

I've backed up discs and created image files using Imgburn, but the resulting discs don't play. They load, are recognised as blurays and then the screen goes white. Is this actually possible?
To have any chance of playing in a standalone blu-ray player, the authored disc must still have the normal blu-ray disc structure. So even though the files are decrypted, the disc must still contain the AACS, BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com