Disc will not load, Type: No disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
reid007bond

Disc will not load, Type: No disc

Post by reid007bond »

I've searched the forum and cannot find general guidelines for Discs not loading and receiving a "No disc" type. Apologies if this is out there somewhere.

Periodically, I will receive "No disc" readings on certain discs. The disc will load no details or provide any other errors. I've found no way to remedy this. Most recently this has occurred on TV Series The Big Bang Theory - Season 7 Disc 2 and Season 8 Disc 2. However, this has occurred in the past with other discs. It's rare (probably about 2% of my total disc collection.) I've found no way to remedy this - aside from getting another disc.

To troubleshoot I have cleaned the discs, tried alternate disc drives, and even tried alternate computers. I've found no way to fix a "No disc" reading. Mostly recently with The Big Bang Theory, I returned my recently purchased BDs and replaced with new ones. That didn't work. I ordered old, used BDs online. That didn't work. My next attempt is to give up on BDs and try DVDs.

In the past when I've had this problem with other discs, I can find no remedy to it. I've reverted to giving up or alternate disc formats.

Why would good discs read "Type: No disc"? Is there anything I can do to fix this? What else can I do to troubleshoot?
Billycar11

Re: Disc will not load, Type: No disc

Post by Billycar11 »

probably time for a better drive
but you can try cleaning the laser.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
reid007bond

Re: Disc will not load, Type: No disc

Post by reid007bond »

I've tried alternate disc drives in the past - with no success...