Good Will Hunting - 3 US versions, none will rip

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
briansemerick

Good Will Hunting - 3 US versions, none will rip

Post by briansemerick »

I have borrowed 3 different releases of Good Will Hunting, over the course of a month. One was the original release, one the next release, and then the 15th anniversary one. Each one had read errors on clean unscratched discs. I do realize discs may have scratches we can't see, etc, etc. But it seems very odd that while ripping a hundred discs the past month, only this title has an error every single time on every version I can find. I'm wondering if this is just a problem encode, or if it's just bad luck with discs.

standard errors on each:

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '3328702464'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '3328702464'
dcoke22

Re: Good Will Hunting - 3 US versions, none will rip

Post by dcoke22 »

briansemerick wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:16 pm
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '3328702464'
That error means the optical drive was unable to correctly read that spot on the disc. That sucks that you had similar errors on 3 different copies of the movie. It is unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible.