Blu ray rip crimes of grindelwald missing language

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Chiller8891

Blu ray rip crimes of grindelwald missing language

Post by Chiller8891 »

Hello together, I tried to rip the grindelwald blu ray with German and English language. But when I open the disk I just see the English audio. It's the German disk therefore it should be there.

Ran into the same problem some times now.
Fishermen

Re: Blu ray rip crimes of grindelwald missing language

Post by Fishermen »

Same issue here - have you found a solution? I think on the BR there are acually two versions of the movie: Extended and Cinema Version. Extended is only available in English, Cinema should be available also in German. But when i run MakeMKV, i only see the video file of the extended version (141 min.) - hence also only english audio track. Any possibility to rip the cinema version instead?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Chiller8891 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:45 pm
Hello together, I tried to rip the grindelwald blu ray with German and English language. But when I open the disk I just see the English audio. It's the German disk therefore it should be there.

Ran into the same problem some times now.
On the Language tab in MakeMKV Preferences, do you have a preferred language set? What happens it you set it to 'none'?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Fishermen wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 am
Same issue here - have you found a solution? I think on the BR there are acually two versions of the movie: Extended and Cinema Version. Extended is only available in English, Cinema should be available also in German. But when i run MakeMKV, i only see the video file of the extended version (141 min.) - hence also only english audio track. Any possibility to rip the cinema version instead?
According to DVDCompare: https://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=49886#6

The theatrical version and the extended version are on different discs on the German releases.
Fishermen

Post by Fishermen »

That was a really dump first post from me........ please apologize.
The second disc was covered by a inlay on the other side of the cover and i even tried to rip the disc several times with different machines.
If i had read the printing of the disc i would have also seen that its two different discs in the box..