Playlist Obfuscation and Bad Play Back

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
MBrieger

Playlist Obfuscation and Bad Play Back

Post by MBrieger »

Hi guys,

two issues.

I bought the complete Bond Collection (difficult to be more precise, but it is only sold in the US and Canada) and have Play Back (VLC) issues. The picture is flickering and sometimes with all kinds of colors or as you might say, pixels just going AWOL.

Second (and I have been reading on this, but obviously didn't quite get it), I found the main title using VLC as reference. On this particular Blu Ray, I need to set the Title Length to zero in order for it to even show in Makemkv. However, I am unsure, if saving just that title will do the trick. My alternate is using cvlc, which was a pain to research. Here my example:
cvlc --no-bluray-menu bluray:///dev/sr0#26 --sout-video --sout-transcode-vcodec=none --sout-transcode-vb=800 --sout-transcode-fps=30 --sout-transcode-channels=2 --sout-transcode-samplerate=48000 --sout-transcode-acodec=mp3 --sout-audio --no-sout-all --sout "#std{access=file,mux=mkv,dst=my_new_film.mkv}" vlc://quit

Note that bluray:///dev/sr0#26 here number 26 represents the title as found using VLC Playback and checking the title being played.

I can create the file just fine, yet the flickering remains.

I am using the latest patched ubuntu 23.04 with a VERBATIM all-in-one reader/writer.

So, the answers I am looking for is what exactly has to be saved in makemkv, is selecting one title enough and secondly how do I get rid of the flickering? There is no firm ware to update for the Player. Further, if VLC can find the proper Title to Play, why can't makemkv?