How to copy Blu Ray extras

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
esquire805

How to copy Blu Ray extras

Post by esquire805 »

I see all the chapters for each episode but how do I get the special content from the blu ray? interviews, text opening etc
Woodstock

Re: How to copy Blu Ray extras

Post by Woodstock »

If they are less than your minimum time (normally 30 seconds), they won't be highlighted for selection. You can set that minimum to zero if you need to.

But they won't be LISTED as what you're looking for, normally.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

Mapping out where the extras are on each disc is the reason I created https://thediscdb.com/. It is my attempt to share my findings with others (and also take submissions from others who want to contribute)
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

The chapters is on the movie title, the extras are one of the many other items listed. Sometimes the disc has them partially labeled, but most of the time you will need to identify them. The way I've always done that is to open the movie in a player and go to the extras, play them to see the length and then find the item with that time length in the MakeMKV list. You then just select it and rename it. You do that for each extra until you've found them all. You will rarely ever have two titles with the exact same run-time.

The site ifoust created is a great resource if the disc is there. If not, you could add it once you've mapped the extras.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I often look for a review at blu-ray.com, which often has a good overview of the extras on a disc.