Possible Bug (or perhaps just an oversight)?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Radiocomms237

Possible Bug (or perhaps just an oversight)?

Post by Radiocomms237 »

When I "Open Files" in MakeMKV and drill-down through the backup folder to "STREAM", it won't allow me to open any transport stream (.m2ts) files? (.m2ts is not an option in the drop-down box, even under "All video files".)

This seems odd considering these are a valid video file (I can play them directly with VLC MP).

Could we please have the option to open (and rip) transport stream files individually and/or in batches?
Sunoo

Re: Possible Bug (or perhaps just an oversight)?

Post by Sunoo »

Use MKVToolNix.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Yes I use MKXToolNix as well, but that won't resync tracks when muxing like MakeMKV does.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I really need either this or an "Open Blu-ray manually" option to be added to MakeMKV quite urgently. I had hoped that it might be an easy addition and may have been included in v1.17.4, but no such luck.

Almost every day I run across a disc where MakeMKV decides that I don't need to see certain tracks, so it denies me access to them (and no, this behaviour has nothing to do with the minimum duration setting).

I can mux these .m2ts files using other software, but that doesn't do everything MakeMKV does as far as re-syncing tracks etc.

Please, please, PLEASE add this option?!