Not finding all episodes

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Kjclark23

Not finding all episodes

Post by Kjclark23 »

I'm currently ripping the complete series for 30 Rock. I'm half way through season 5 and there has been three episodes now that MakeMKV didn't find. The episodes are printed on each disc so I know it should be there. Anyone have any idea what I should try to get these episodes?
Cannikin

Re: Not finding all episodes

Post by Cannikin »

Did you ever find a solution? I just started ripping these and the first disc of season 3 is only reporting 6 episodes in MakeMKV but the disc label itself lists 7! I haven't tried putting it in my actual blu-ray player to verify that all 7 are on here, maybe I'll try that next...
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

Try setting the opening mode to CellFull: viewtopic.php?t=28541
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

Hmm, sounds like that's for DVDs only? This is a blu-ray.
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

I've ripped the whole set of discs now and there are 4 that are missing a single episode each. I remembered hearing something about 30 Rock removing episodes featuring blackface, so I did a check and sure enough, there are four of them:

* Season 3, Episode 2, "Believe in the Stars"
* Season 5, Episode 4 "Live Show" (East Coast version)
* Season 5, Episode 10, "Christmas Attack Zone"
* Season 6, Episode 19, "Live from Studio 6H"

These line up with the four discs that had one episode missing.

Got the list from here: https://www.newsweek.com/30-rock-blackf ... bc-1512698
Spankyham

Post by Spankyham »

The only solution I found. And some it wont work for. But...

You can open the video file in VLC or video player of your choosing. And then screen record it. I use OBS (free) and VLC (free) to screen record it. It records in high quality as well depending on your settings. The only downfall is you have to monitor the recording as to not go to far into recording after it is finished playing. I recommend setting a timer on your phone. If you do however have that issue over over recording. Then download Davinci Resolve editing program to clip off that last bit or even anything that may have adds in it and so on, This is also free and well made program.. Just make sure to set render in MP4 if you have to go this route... This is the only way I know how to mitigate the above issues.

hope this helps someone. :o