Two Copies of the Same Movie, Fail in Different Places

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Sunoo

Two Copies of the Same Movie, Fail in Different Places

Post by Sunoo »

I have two copies of the same Blu-ray right now (the most recent version of the Lilo & Stitch two disc set, if it matters), both fail to rip in the main title (the bonus features all work), but in different places (the first fails about halfway through the title, the second fails almost immediately in that title). I've tried cleaning the discs, with no change at all in the failure points.

Is there any way to somehow use both discs to get one working rip of the movie?
Sunoo

Re: Two Copies of the Same Movie, Fail in Different Places

Post by Sunoo »

I got a third copy, and that one worked perfectly, so I guess the solution was to just keep trying for a good disc until you get one...
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

It is my experience that some drives just don't like some discs. I wonder how your non-working discs would fare in a different optical drive? Personally, I have 3 different optical drives and can almost always get a clean rip.
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

I don't have any other Blu-ray drives on hand, but I seriously considered grabbing one when I was struggling with this.

However, on close inspection of the non-working discs, they seem to have circle scratches on them, despite all copies being brand new. I'm guessing there is some issue with the way they're packaged or something. I'm glad I was finally able to get a copy that works.