Ripping a music bluray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
steviewilson

Ripping a music bluray

Post by steviewilson »

Hi guys
Trying to rip a music bluray and its showing about 46 seperate files, any way to rip them as just one long file with individual chapters to flick from one song to the next? Or am I better to rip as indiviuals then rejoin as one file? What software is best for joining?
Thanks in advance
audiom3

Re: Ripping a music bluray

Post by audiom3 »

Is it a concert bluray or a non-video bluray audio disc?
audiom3

Post by audiom3 »

From the way you worded your post, I'll assume it's a bluray audio disc. You should make an unencrypted backup with MakeMKV and then use a ripper like DVD Audio Extractor (30 day trial but you can repeatedly 'try' the program for free) to actually do the ripping from your unencrypted backup. They'll be arranged like a CD after ripping, although you may have to add some metadata if that's important to you. For that part, I use another free program called mp3tag. The other cool feature with DVD AE is you can choose which audio track to rip. Some bluray audio discs have 2.0 PCM while others have both 5.1 and 2.0. I always choose to rip both. I have a high-end 2 channel DAC for all stereo music and my Zidoo media player can play 5.1 rips (including DSD (.dsf)) through my Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 and they sound awesome.
steviewilson

Post by steviewilson »

no its a music video, not audio disk. its a disk of a 60s group from liverpool, 4 guys in it and they became quite popular. Ripped using mkv and theres 46 seperate files where id prefer 1 file with 46 chapters lol