Hash Check Errors on 8 Discs

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Madmax_Hart

Hash Check Errors on 8 Discs

Post by Madmax_Hart »

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a good New Year. I have been having the Hash Check Error issue with some of my discs.

The following discs are all Blu-Ray
Patriots Day
Only The Brave
The Grinch
Alvin and The Chipmunks (movies 1-4)
John Wick 2

I have gone through all of my Blu-Rays. The new ones (bought from the Dollar Tree) work fine. While others I have gotten used. Some of them work while others don't. All discs have little to no scratches on them. I have cleaned them multiple times with eyeglass cleaner and a cotton cloth being sure to leave no lint. I am currently working on getting a log file (this could happen in a day or less). The discs that have this issue work fine up until the end and then fail while others fail anywhere between 25% to 75% completion. It seems like this issue has happened before. But I couldn't really find a solution. If a log file is really needed or will be really important let me know and I'll do that first (it just takes really long to do).

I have read that getting this issue could mean that my drive is on its way out. However, DVDs and some Blu-Rays are fine while others don't work.

My drive info is listed below:
Drive Manufacture date - June 2022
Part Number - WH16NS60
Drive Firmware - 1.03

Would making my drive a Libredrive fix this issue?

I also have a Windows update I need to do. So I am going to do that tomorrow morning and make sure all my drivers are up to date. Updates are hard to do since I have a bunch of stuff running (Plex, a Minecraft server, and I use my PC for work). So it's hard to schedule downtime to do maintenance.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I think my drive is still in the return window (I got it for Christmas). It might also still be under warranty (haven't checked). I don't want to return my drive if possible since I use it at least a couple of times a day (I do have a DVD backup drive just in case that need to happen but I won't be able to do Bly-Rays).

I have a feeling that I am missing something. But I can always edit this post later if needed or reply.

Thank you again for any input you can give.