Why are these titles not appearing as a able to rip?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
wetryszdjgkx

Why are these titles not appearing as a able to rip?

Post by wetryszdjgkx »

Hi, i wanted to rip all the titles on this disc but i noticed that one of the bonus features was not included in the list of eligble files. Specifically it is The Slide Audio Drama that is missing. Why is that?
Attachments
s2.jpg
s2.jpg (273.44 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
S1.jpg
S1.jpg (418.31 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
dcoke22

Re: Why are these titles not appearing as a able to rip?

Post by dcoke22 »

Assuming it is in its own .m2ts file, if you made a decrypted backup of the disc, you could find that .m2ts file in the BDMV/STREAM folder in the backup.
AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

The missing extra could be JAVA-based and not plain video. MakeMkv can only rip video to MKV.

Backup the entire disc instead of rip to MKV files to be played back via Oppo clone, Dune, Zappiti, or Zidoo if those non-video extras are important to you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

wetryszdjgkx

Post by wetryszdjgkx »

dcoke22 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:05 pm
Assuming it is in its own .m2ts file, if you made a decrypted backup of the disc, you could find that .m2ts file in the BDMV/STREAM folder in the backup.
Sure, i tried backing it up with Imgburn but note of the mts files would play afterwards and it said before ripping it that it is protected so i guess that is why. How do i get passed the protection to get playable mts files in this case?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

wetryszdjgkx wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:01 pm
How do i get passed the protection to get playable mts files in this case?
You make a decrypted backup with MakeMKV, for example :D Don't open the BluRay, but backup it, and with the checkbox there make sure, it'll be unencrypted.