That 70's Show copy to Jellyfin Media Server issues

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Immrtlchaos

That 70's Show copy to Jellyfin Media Server issues

Post by Immrtlchaos »

I recently setup my media server and am using Jellyfin. I copied Seasons 1 and 2 discs 1 and 2 for each over for That 70's Show. Season 3 and 4 get to about episode 2 and then errors. This is for all 4 discs of season 3 and 4. After it errors I have to eject the disc and put it back in to get it to read the disc again. I always get an error like this one.

makemkv error 'scsi error - illegal request:invalid field in cdb' occurred while reading '/bdmv/stream/00012.m2ts' at offset '0'

I am using an LG Slim Portable Blu-Ray/DVD Writer, looks like model BP50NB40, connected via 2 USB 3.0 ports.

Any help would be appreciated.
silent--echoes

Re: That 70's Show copy to Jellyfin Media Server issues

Post by silent--echoes »

Hi, did you ever resolve this? I'm having same issues with That 70s Show blurry. A couple of them eventually copied very very slowly, but seems that at least one or two (usually first and last) episodes per disc just won't copy. Some sort of copy protection?!
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Without seeing your MakeMKV log file, it is hard to know for sure, but often when people have trouble copying a disc, it is because the disc is dirty and MakeMKV is having trouble reading it. Try gently cleaning your disc and ripping it again.
philb1701

Post by philb1701 »

More that likely your problems are due to scratches on the discs themselves.
I went through three different copies as well as three replacement discs from Mill Creek before I could cobble together one good set.