BD-R drive that will actually burn error free Dual Layer media

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
roman666

BD-R drive that will actually burn error free Dual Layer media

Post by roman666 »

I have been meaning to get back around to asking this question. I have had a LG WH16NS40. For ripping anything up to BD50 and burning BD25, it’s fine. I have yet to burn an error free dual layer disc. A couple of years ago I went through all the troubleshooting steps possible, I am using memorex discs, etc. Nothing helped.

So I am just trying to find a drive that will burn an error free dual layer disc. It wouldn’t hurt to have UHD capability as well, but I can likely research that myself. Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Re: BD-R drive that will actually burn error free Dual Layer media

Post by MartyMcNuts »

roman666 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:05 pm
I have been meaning to get back around to asking this question. I have had a LG WH16NS40. For ripping anything up to BD50 and burning BD25, it’s fine. I have yet to burn an error free dual layer disc. A couple of years ago I went through all the troubleshooting steps possible, I am using memorex discs, etc. Nothing helped.

So I am just trying to find a drive that will burn an error free dual layer disc. It wouldn’t hurt to have UHD capability as well, but I can likely research that myself. Thanks
LG are not very good at writing anthing above single layer blu-ray. The best drives for writing are Pioneer. Get yourself a Pioneer model that is also capable of UHD ripping and your all set! Check the guide for compatible models. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Coopervid

Re: BD-R drive that will actually burn error free Dual Layer media

Post by Coopervid »

I can only second what Marty says. In addition for burning error free 50GB discs please read through this tutorial:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the-lon ... -tl.86133/