Blu-Ray giving out HashCheck Error

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Jannisberry

Blu-Ray giving out HashCheck Error

Post by Jannisberry »

I've received a new Anime Blu-Ray from Japan and all 3 of the included Discs spit out a HashCheck Errors. This is Part of a 2 Volume (in total 6 Discs) Collection of Summertime Renderer. The first Volume arrived and was playable ripable and had no issues just some AV Sync issues that were no big deal (like -7 ms). The new Volume nearly killed my BD Drive bc of errors and retries of reading information of the Drives (it literally smelt like hot electronics). All 3 Discs of Volume 2 don't work and give out DEBUG Codes sometimes SCSI Errors HashCheck errors or even Read Errors, BUT when i use other BD's it all works (like the first Volume or other Discs with AACS 78 or earlier Versions). I Add here the log of 2 of the Discs i tried and i think one disc of Volume 1 that worked but i stopped mid way. (Volume 1: USSW_50060_x / Volume 2: USSW_50061_x , the x stands for the Disc Number of the Volume). My personal thought is that it is just a borked batch of Blu-Rays but it still is suspicious that all 3 of them don't work. Im gonna try make a Linux install and try there but it just wont work on my mac rn.

Edit: I made the Linux install and no difference all report corrupting Streams but Disc 1 doest even detect here it just goes to an infinite Loop of trying to read it. PS: i use a BU40N from LG with 1.00 Firmware.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
Log File of the multiple Discs i tried
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
Ezatoka

Re: Blu-Ray giving out HashCheck Error

Post by Ezatoka »

In the log it's written several times

Code: Select all

003310:0000 This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting http://www.makemkv.com/a/?jyo7PksdaHVyvH20XLIBGJ8C+2ObpDexn+y29RzZ/EJwtP6C4trlR+WyYHYbu3S6eh6uJaRhuXcopNEdzMh+QZwqm58+wBqYxICFK+yIJo9blyW58W2OHrkNOYrVrt2Qt14A7sIt9/Tb9ZxFlLI+ZfZejm6bR9suzgJFjWc/lPpIiaenrFe0ymkO394/7ZGUSrH7KNCzfc3iklEx6XPdmgisK+mcWjcyPLcPuDUUuayI77tNuauDET2QscpoLE8ilyWTJLV43EssxeWbWHCSFQlXpGXGSoIfqZvyNbVl+nQbzkjF4PI7RqqV6NseEhAJ3rJqCTXmPwlo5m5pH5jMs/n7tQD1DOckD7TMEYeZow8P/+J1C09t+66uRrMQqNqQMpCDXs86yIcWd56h0+T5V2uxYoAEmSUe/FnNRKSSNCv3CsL0k8kYEL8g+lqPi5qGkWMza+/ZK6AG+bfZu8687bWH8hMakGExLeGFegkT
Did you do that so far? Not sure if that is only seen in the Debug log or also in the MakeMKV Gui Log part
Jannisberry

Re: Blu-Ray giving out HashCheck Error

Post by Jannisberry »

Hi,
This one was a bit tough for me bc when i first put the Disc into the Drive it didnt work, but all other discs worked even with the same version of AACS. The problem since then has now been fixed. It was a really and i mean REALLY greasy disc that wasnt just unreadable on its own but it was able to put some of the grease on the lens of the laser and made it "blind" at some point. After cleaning the original disc i heard a clicking noise and pulled the disc out and on the back were little smears from the lens so just cleaning the lens array and retrying in the end fixed it. But damn this one killed my brain. I probably invested 4 hours into it trying different Hardware and another operating system as well (It even made my mac have a kernel panic because of the udf node that was not mounting, scary stuff)
Ezatoka wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:08 pm
In the log it's written several times

Code: Select all

003310:0000 This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting http://www.makemkv.com/a/?jyo7PksdaHVyvH20XLIBGJ8C+2ObpDexn+y29RzZ/EJwtP6C4trlR+WyYHYbu3S6eh6uJaRhuXcopNEdzMh+QZwqm58+wBqYxICFK+yIJo9blyW58W2OHrkNOYrVrt2Qt14A7sIt9/Tb9ZxFlLI+ZfZejm6bR9suzgJFjWc/lPpIiaenrFe0ymkO394/7ZGUSrH7KNCzfc3iklEx6XPdmgisK+mcWjcyPLcPuDUUuayI77tNuauDET2QscpoLE8ilyWTJLV43EssxeWbWHCSFQlXpGXGSoIfqZvyNbVl+nQbzkjF4PI7RqqV6NseEhAJ3rJqCTXmPwlo5m5pH5jMs/n7tQD1DOckD7TMEYeZow8P/+J1C09t+66uRrMQqNqQMpCDXs86yIcWd56h0+T5V2uxYoAEmSUe/FnNRKSSNCv3CsL0k8kYEL8g+lqPi5qGkWMza+/ZK6AG+bfZu8687bWH8hMakGExLeGFegkT
Did you do that so far? Not sure if that is only seen in the Debug log or also in the MakeMKV Gui Log part
But yeah at the start i wondered too and did this but in the end its just dirt and grease. Maybe i should just start, when getting new discs, with washing them. XD