No file with out commentary .

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Panzer

No file with out commentary .

Post by Panzer »

Hello,

First I've just started ripping movies to my plex server and ran in to a interesting problem. With the Greatest Showman the file that is large enough to be the movie has the description for the visually impaired. Then Fiddler on the Roof has two files large enough but both of them are the commentary versions. Has anyone else had problems like this and knows a fix?

Thanks
akj2184

Re: No file with out commentary .

Post by akj2184 »

I’m also getting this issue. It’s electing directors commentary as the main feature
srDedNL74

Post by srDedNL74 »

Just wanted to confirm that I am having the same issue with finding a main file (largest in size) that when replayed on my LG smart TV only has the visually impaired commentary rather than the main audio track.

I have no problem copying any files

Anyone got a fix please ?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

This is typically a problem of "automatic" settings, where the "best audio" is selected. Have a series where the main audio is stereo, or worse, mono? The higher-quality 5-channel commentary track gets chosen instead.

The "fix" is to select all audio tracks, and let the less-impressive main one be included. Do not allow automatic selection. It can be a pain to do, but if you want to avoid higher-spec, incorrect audio being selected, it's necessary.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging