Mortal Kombat Legends - Snow Blind

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
rexfesto

Mortal Kombat Legends - Snow Blind

Post by rexfesto »

I've been using MakeMKV to rip movies on bluray ever since I got a external BD-ROM drive for my birthday a few years ago. As of right now I own about a dozen movies/TV shows on bluray, and every single movie/show I used MakeMKV to rip did so with no issues. Until today:

I bought Mortal Kombat Legends - Snow Blind brand new at Walmart today, and as soon as I got home, I immediately got out my BD-ROM drive and prepared to rip the movie to MKV. And then - I'll just attach the log. It'll tell you everything you need to know:
New Text Document.txt
(61.45 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
I've never had this much trouble ripping a bluray with my drive using MakeMKV. What the heck is going on?
Woodstock

Re: Mortal Kombat Legends - Snow Blind

Post by Woodstock »

Given the number of errors, have you tried cleaning the disk yet? Just because it is "new" does not mean it is "clean"... a lot of contaminated disks are sold, and some "cloud up" more as they age.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rexfesto

Post by rexfesto »

How would I go about cleaning the disc?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Oh, you want CLEANING information...

There are a lot of people who spout off "how do I clean a (CD|DVD|BD|UHD) disk?" information. Personally, I start with a VERY CLEAN, VERY SOFT cloth and wipe the disk down GENTLY.

For anything hard to clean, I start with a spray of Pledge-type wax and that same cloth. Not a lot - the primary purpose is to soften anything that needs cleaned up. The important part is to wipe ACROSS the disk, rather than circularly. You are trying to avoid making scratches along the reading path.

Really, there is not a lot of scrubbing that needs to happen; it's just a gentle cleaning, MOST OF THE TIME. Lots of web pages explain how to do it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rexfesto

Post by rexfesto »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:30 pm
Personally, I start with a VERY CLEAN, VERY SOFT cloth and wipe the disk down GENTLY.

Really, there is not a lot of scrubbing that needs to happen; it's just a gentle cleaning, MOST OF THE TIME. Lots of web pages explain how to do it.
I justy tried doing that, twice, and it didn't work.
rexfesto

Post by rexfesto »

I just bought another copy of this movie (brand new) and am still trying to rip it to MKV. My bluray drive won't cooperate with the new disc and just decides there's no disc in the drive.

What is it about this specific movie that makes my bluray drive and MakeMKV not wanna work with it? No other bluray I've put in that drive and run through MakeMKV has given me nearly as much resistance than this one. Can ANYONE help me with this!?