Top Gun:Maverick Blu Ray won't decrypt

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Lebowski76

Top Gun:Maverick Blu Ray won't decrypt

Post by Lebowski76 »

Main feature (34GB) gets 21GB through and fails. MKV tells me an error occurs and stops ripping. All featurettes rip just fine.
Blu ray purchased from Amazon.
Any advice? Thanks!
dcoke22

Re: Top Gun:Maverick Blu Ray won't decrypt

Post by dcoke22 »

Without seeing the error from MakeMKV it is hard to know what went wrong. Feel free to post it here.

Often, the optical drive has trouble reading the disc. Try gently cleaning the disc before ripping again.

If the drive is powered by USB, it probably has a Y cable. Make sure both USB connectors are plugged into high powered ports so the drive has enough power. MakeMKV can spin a drive fast enough that the power requirements exceed that available on a single USB port.
darthmal

Post by darthmal »

With the number of "Hash check failed for file XXXXXXX.m2ts at offset XXXXXXXX", and "The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/xxxxxx.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset XXXXXXXXXXX, attempting to work around file is corrupt." errors that appear, this may not be the Blu Ray, but either the drive capabilities or the program.

When is an update to the app going to be issued?
Last edited by darthmal on Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rtaft

Post by rtaft »

I had a copy from Walmart, 38.4GB main feature that I was able to copy with 1.17.2. I will admit that I had a very hard time just getting the drive to read the disk at all but eventually got it working after cleaning the surface a couple of times.
darthmal

Post by darthmal »

Ah. Well in my case the Blu-ray was from Red Box which was my suspicion. But it turned out being my player was in need of tossing in the trash and getting the Pioneer Bdr xs97uhd 4K Drive. Fixed the problem so I can’t blame makemkv on this one... I do have other items I can blame on it though!
Brett240

Post by Brett240 »

hi guys,

new around here. have ripped about 50 blue rays successfully but this one is my first fail.

noticed the following:

This disc requires Java runtime (JRE), but none was found. Certain functions will fail, please install Java. See http://www.makemkv.com/bdjava/ for details.
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00351.m2ts' at offset '329908224'
Error 'OS error - The volume for a file has been externally altered such that the opened file is no longer valid' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom1' at offset '329908224
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00351.m2ts' at offset '329908224'
Failed to save title 0 to file C:/Users/Brett/Desktop/Top Gun- Maverick_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

any ideas on this?

cheers.
freelunch1947

Post by freelunch1947 »

I tried to rip a Blu-ray Top Gun: Maverick disc. The first time, it completed about three quarters of the disc, then the burner started "cycling". I left it a few minutes before admitting defeat and shutting it down. The second attempt completed about a third of the disc before the burner started cycling.

I finally got a successful rip after taking my computer offline and rebooting. So, I'm guessing the disc phones home.

I hope this helps.