Nope Blu-Ray Rip trouble

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
cyberdman

Nope Blu-Ray Rip trouble

Post by cyberdman »

Ok this is for Nope Blu-Ray - NOT the 4K release.

I put in the disc and scan it and the java reads the disc as 612.mpls is the main title. However, ProcMon says it is actually 800 and plays 800 when I stream the disc with PowerDVD. So, MakeMKV is wrong, or the java is screwing it up. After it does the java scan there isn't even an 800 title at all.

What do I do and how do we fix this? Thank you.
Woodstock

Re: Nope Blu-Ray Rip trouble

Post by Woodstock »

If it's a Disney title, 800 is typical for English. But I don't know whose it is by the title, since it's not something I'd buy.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cyberdman

Post by cyberdman »

It's Universal and they usually use 800 as well. ProcMon said the same when interrogated so why isn't MakeMKV doing the same? I think there is something wrong with there. After it processes the titles there is no 800.
cyberdman

Post by cyberdman »

So here is an update if anyone wondered. I decided to rename all my java installations to something MakeMKV wouldn't recognize to bypass those checks.

After doing that, now in the list of things it is processing through when I click on the newly inserted disc, I see this entry:

Title 00800.mpls is equal to title 00612.mpls and was skipped.

Questions - If that is true, why does it skip 800 (the title the disc calls for to be played in regular players) and not just skip 612? Are they truly the exact same? If so, for what purpose?

Is there any way to get MakeMKV not to skip titles?