M2TS Files Not Recognized

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
putzrox

M2TS Files Not Recognized

Post by putzrox »

I'm trying to rip files from the Star Trek TNG box set and the M2TS files aren't recognized by Make MKV, or my computer in general to play them with WMP or Movies and TV. I can see the files on the disc when I use file explorer, but nothing shows in the MKV window when I try to select the files, since the disc isn't automatically read in this case. Do I need to take different steps because of the file type?

I tried the discs in my PS5, just to make sure they play and they do.
Attachments
MKV STTNG.jpg
MKV STTNG.jpg (180.92 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
Woodstock

Re: M2TS Files Not Recognized

Post by Woodstock »

It doesn't look like MakeMKV is actually opening the disk. It doesn't normally open M2TS files - it opens the file structure, and LOOKS at the M2TS files as well as the others that are part of the structure.

Windows is not allowing MakeMKV to see the drive, so it's been locked out. Are you running as an admin?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
putzrox

Post by putzrox »

Yup, I'm the only user on my computer and I just ran it as an admin for sure (right click on MakeMKV and run as admin). I checked the device manager and it's working properly; the drivers are also up to date.
putzrox

Post by putzrox »

OK, now it's working. The external BD drive has a double USB cable and I have always plugged in both. I plugged in just the one and it started up so that seems to have done it. I don't get it but the end result is a positive one.