The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted, or is it cause of the process?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
snapx0

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted, or is it cause of the process?

Post by snapx0 »

I ripped a Equalizer 2 blu-ray disc to an encrypted BDMV folder with my ps4, I sent the dump file on august 2 to svq@makemkv.com. I am wondering if its an issue with the process and maybe the disc cant be decrypted with makemkv because of the process (maybe because it can only to rip from disc to decrypted BDMV and only then decrypted BDMV to MKV?).

OUTPUT:
MakeMKV v1.17.1 win(x64-release) started
Opening files on harddrive at F:/PS4-TESTING/EQUALIZER-2-BDMV
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\RANDOM/.MakeMKV/MKB_v65_Equalizer_2_0662.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-13 021756.png
Screenshot 2022-09-13 021756.png (16.27 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
Billycar11

Re: The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted, or is it cause of the process?

Post by Billycar11 »

nah you dont rip it with a ps4 you rip it with a drive connected to something that runs makemkv keys are only for UHD blurays not regular blurays so your just wasting your time sending that in.
your ps4 left the info needed by makemkv behind
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
snapx0

Re: The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted, or is it cause of the process?

Post by snapx0 »

Alright, thanks for letting me know