Decrypting And Converting ISOs File Issue

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
metphillips

Decrypting And Converting ISOs File Issue

Post by metphillips »

Hi! I know makemkv has a problem decrypting and converting ISOs to MKV ripped by a PS3 since there is an issue with keys not being ripped properly or something like that, but on some discs, this has still worked for me.
However, this new film I bought and ripped with my Ps3 didn't work and says the volume key can't be opened.

Is there any way to retrieve this key from the aacs dump that makemkv creates? I see there is a file in the aacs folder called unit_key and the discatt.dat file is also there which I read somewhere is also needed.
If possible, how do I add these files to makemkv to properly decrypt the ISO?
Thanks in advance!
thetoad

Re: Decrypting And Converting ISOs File Issue

Post by thetoad »

conceptually all the info needed in is in the disctatt.dat file, and conceptually all the info you need is in the C++ headers/code that is in the opensource part of makemkv. However, I looked at it a while ago to try and figure it out and not being a c++ expert (if it was C I'd have probably stuck with it), I sort of gave up quickly. So if one wants to put on a programmer's hat, it might be able to be done, but good luck, I'd find it useful too :)
dcoke22

Re: Decrypting And Converting ISOs File Issue

Post by dcoke22 »

Mike has posted about this a couple times. I've never need to try it, but here are the posts.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17087&p=60530#p60530

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22790&p=94197#p94197