Issue with bluray backup playback

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Sloth242

Issue with bluray backup playback

Post by Sloth242 »

I'm trying to create ISOs of The Sinbad Trilogy, Terror of the Tongs, and Mysterious Island from Indicator. I'm having issues that I have never run into nor can I find any posts of similar issues. So I normally use MakeMKV for back up then use imgburn to make the ISO. I do the same as always and I encounter no errors of any kind during the rip or ISO process. What ever I use to play these ISOs, it struggles to play or won't even start.

I use a version of Kodi 19 with better ISO Support on my android tv, which works pretty well and even if menus don't work, I can at least have the option to play the movie with out menus. With the new movies I'm trying to rip, it just keeps loading until it times out.

I also use Cyberlink PowerDVD on my PC which works perfectly for me, never had an issue with it. But playing these movies has 2 issues. First, the movie will bring up the load bar and a black screen then stop playing and go back to the media library UI. Second, it will play but in the top right it has a square pop up with an image of a red circle with a horizontal red line through the middle instead of the Play sign. I mention the second because I was hoping it would lead me to an error code or some kind of solution but haven't found anything about it, but it is something I noticed only happens with these ISOs.

DvdFab player also won't play them. I tried playing the movie through the folder rather than ISO and it still won't play.

I have also tried re-ripping a couple of movies I already have backed up to see if its an issue with my drive but the new ISOs work fine. So at this point I'm wondering if it's an Issue with the discs. I have also tried playing the TS video files with various players as well, but the videos seem to work fine, so maybe the data for menus isn't ripping properly? Final thing I should probably mention is, my drive is a Asus BW-16D1HT in the approved NexStar external enclosure and one thing that helps me is flashing between CFW 3.03 and 3.10. For example, if I get read errors or if it struggles to read a bluray/UHD (which is pretty rare) I change FW and it usually works. I have only had 1 movie (Shadow, 2016, UHD) before not rip for me no matter what I tried so im 99.9% sure my drive is good and I don't really have the option to purchase a new drive right now.

So if anyone knows what's going on or has any ideas for me to try I would greatly appreciate it!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I did try ripping the first two Sinbads with DVDFab. The first one mentions that it has a new kind of Java protection and I am unable to rip it. The Second one was one of the movies that wouldn't play on any player, it had better results after being ripped. It was actually able to get to the menu and play the movie on PowerDVD, but again had the red circle appear in the top right. The second movie did not give me the java protection pop up.