Title 00000.mpls is equal to title 00031.mpls and was skipped

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Cynyster

Title 00000.mpls is equal to title 00031.mpls and was skipped

Post by Cynyster »

Hello I am having difficulty capturing 00031.mpls I am getting read errors about halfway through.
When I play the disk in PowerDVD Procmon.exe identifies that I am playing 00000.mpls

When opening the disk I get the log line:
Title 00000.mpls is equal to title 00031.mpls and was skipped.

Is there a way I can direct MakeMKV to capture the 00000.mpls file instead?

Thanks in advance.

Technical Info:
Win10Pro64-32G.ram-10Gen.i9
Title: The Goonies BlueRay
Using Libra Drive Mode - direct disc access mode

Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2118-10-24 19:34
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
dcoke22

Re: Title 00000.mpls is equal to title 00031.mpls and was skipped

Post by dcoke22 »

The .mpls files are sorta like playlists in a music player. They're an ordered list of movie files that the blu-ray player plays in order. The actual movie files are called segments. In MakeMKV, when a title is selected, the info box should show both the .mpls of the title as well as the segment map of segments that make up that title.

So, if two .mpls are the same, that means they should be pointing to the same segments.

On a blu-ray, the segments are .m2ts files and they're named with a 5 digit number. 00800.m2ts for instance. These are the actual movie files and the things that get converting into the .mkv file MakeMKV is creating.

If MakeMKV is having trouble with 00031.mpls, it'll have the same trouble with 00000.mpls since both point to the same set of .m2ts files (the same segment map).

If you post your MakeMKV .log file we can take a look, but often the disc needs to be cleaned.

For blu-rays, MakeMKV has a backup function that can be used. If you make a decrypted backup of a disc you can poke around in the resulting files. The .m2ts files are all in the STREAM folder. VLC should be able to play them.