John Wick 3 Parabellum Amazon 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Digital

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
arhame71

John Wick 3 Parabellum Amazon 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Digital

Post by arhame71 »

Hello,

I have just purchased this movie and I have NEVER had one movie give me so many issues on trying to determine which is the correct mpls to use.

The 4K Ultra HD - No issues at all

The Blu-Ray IS the issue.

I have read through post after post here on others experiencing the issue and still have not found a solution.

I have ripped close to, if not over 1,000 of my discs all the way from DVD up to 4K and have never experienced this amount of difficulty.

Typically, I have always just chosen the correct file, selected the video, the audio track I want, and the subtitle track, clicked the Make MKV, and tada, flawless.

For the first time, I have downloaded and ran BDInfo (after reading through the forums) to see if that would assist me in determining which to select. All I am seeing is, what appears to be, a few hundred MPLS files in the upper window, all with the length of 02:10:45 and estimated size of 32.05 GB.

As I randomly click through the various MPLS files, it appears as if 00504.M2TS is always the first and 00517.M2TS is always the last.

Any suggestions on how to determine the correct MPLS playlist file to use?

I have no idea how I have been so lucking going through hundreds and hundreds of discs and have NEVER had this much of an issue.

Thank you for any information you might offer / suggest.
dcoke22

Re: John Wick 3 Parabellum Amazon 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Digital

Post by dcoke22 »

Have you read through the John Wick 3 post? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20362

John Wick 3 is from Lionsgate, which often uses 'playlist obfuscation' to make ripping more complicated.

If you have Java installed, MakeMKV tries to choose the correct movie on discs with all the fake playlists. It isn't always right, but it often is.
arhame71

Post by arhame71 »

Yes, I did read through the complete post before I posted my issue.

I do have Java installed and MakeMKV did not find the correct playlist.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Some folks posted segment maps in there of what was the correct title for them. Were none of those the right one for you?

In any case, I'm sure you know that if you make a decrypted backup, you can play individual segments (in the BDMV/STREAM folder) with VLC or MPV.

In other places on the forum there's been discussion on how to use Process Monitor or VLC+MakeMKV to find the correct segment map. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16251