Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
floatinjoe

Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Post by floatinjoe »

I just ripped Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer from my Fantastic 4 Double Feature set. I am working on a Mac. MakeMKV ripped all the titles, and the feature plays without an issue. Several of the special features that were ripped will play via VLC as MKVs; it just locks the program up. I'm able to convert them to mp4 using Subler (so no compression, just change of container) and the files still won't play in VLC, but they'll play fine in Quicktime. I've even tried running them through MKVMerge to see if taking the contents and placing them in a new MKV file would work, but there is no success there either.

I've tried ripping the disc on two different machines to see if for some reason something would change.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? I believe I had this happen once before, but I can't recall what title it was.
dcoke22

Re: Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't have that movie, so I haven't experienced your problem directly. What does MediaInfo say about the problematic .mkv files?

Are you using modern versions of macOS and VLC?

What happens if you play the files with MPV?

Did the MakeMKV log have any weird messages while the problematic files were ripping?