Way to know bluray Disk's Original

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
superb

Way to know bluray Disk's Original

Post by superb »

A friend of mine gave me a Backup disk(full blu ray disk) requesting me for find it's origin.I mean he support to mean,is that backup disk actually copied from Original Retail version disk or Rental one, because recent days it hard to identify which one came from Original disk and which one from rental, rental and retail both have full bluray facility with menus and extras,so you can't judge it with how much it has menus and extras.
Is there any other way available to know it's origin from bluray file or via tools?
Woodstock

Re: Way to know bluray Disk's Original

Post by Woodstock »

Copies made at home are going to be on non-stamped media. Professional pirate organizations have access to stamping plants, so just knowing that it was stamped rather than burned does not necessarily equate to "this is not a pirated disk", though.

Not to mention the original could have been mastered by idiots - I've had verifiably original disks that MakeMKV was suspicious of, because of authoring screw-ups.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
superb

Post by superb »

yea Its kind a hard now days to know which one is copied from original and which one not because lots of professional hackers, pirates are lurking around.
I don't know is there anyother way rather then stamp. By the way how to find stamp of original one
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

"Stamp" is the method of production, not a mark to find. A master die is produced, and the disks are stamped out using it. It isn't something you do for just a few copies, because the master costs thousands of dollars to produce.

Here's an old video that shows how pre-recorded CDs are made; the DVD and later disks are refined versions of this.

Recordable media, often used for "burn on demand" disks and pirated disks, usually have a different surface color, because they have dyes that can be burned by a recording laser to store the bits.

Some history on recordable media
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
superb

Post by superb »

looks like those equipment are soo costly. Thanks for the info.