Export fail on Ultraman Blu-Rays

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
TokuFanatic1954

Export fail on Ultraman Blu-Rays

Post by TokuFanatic1954 »

Hi, everyone! For a while, I've been ripping some of my Blu-Rays. Right now, I'm ripping Mill Creek's Ultraman 1966 Blu-Ray set. So far, discs one and three through six ripped flawlessly. Disc two, however, is giving me issues. This disc has seven episodes, and the last six episodes ripped without issue. However, the first episode on the disc won't rip. I keep getting the same error, and looking online, I can't find a fix. My disc isn't scratched or in poor condition, and there aren't any issues when playing the disc either on my PC or my Blu-Ray player. I really want to rip this episode to make everything complete.

However, Ultraman 1966 isn't the only one having issues. Disc two of Ultraman Taro is not saving everything. This set has barely been used, and like the Ultraman 1966 set, hasn't had any issues with playback. I really want to get everything ripped. Below are logs for both sets. If anyone has any assistance they can provide, please do so! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Attachments
Export Fail.txt
Ultraman Taro
(112.22 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Export Fail.txt
Ultraman (1966)
(112.14 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
dcoke22

Re: Export fail on Ultraman Blu-Rays

Post by dcoke22 »

It looks like the standard advice applies: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055

Hashcheck errors like this:

Code: Select all

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 119795712, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 119795712, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 120059904, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 120059904, attempting to work around
mean the optical drive is having trouble correctly reading the disc. Blu-ray players are designed to ignore most read errors and just keep going. Many people won't even notice the small visual and/or audio glitch. MakeMKV, however, is attempting to make a 'perfect' copy of what's on the disc, so it is trying to read all of the disc correctly.

Try gently cleaning the disc and then rip it again. I've occasionally had a disc I've needed to clean a few times before I could get it to read correctly.

If you have a different drive you could try, that would also be good.
TokuFanatic1954

Post by TokuFanatic1954 »

Hey! Thanks for replying. That's really odd this is happening, at least for Taro. It's pretty much brand new. I tried ripping a different Ultraman series, Ultraman Leo, and I got errors like what is seen in the attachment. I get why a disc that has been used would yield errors, but like I said, these haven't been used. I should mention the sets I haveare the steelbook releases, which have the discs stacked. I wonder if maybe because of this, that's why there are errors?
Attachments
Leo.txt
Ultraman Leo
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Sometimes discs can have a nearly invisible film on them from contamination at the pressing plant or off-gassing from the plastic case while sitting on the shelf or almost anything you can imagine. This is why it is possible for brand new discs to occasionally be difficult to read.

Other things like stacked discs can be a culprit. My copy of Zack Snyder's Justice League has stacked discs and I could not get one of those discs to read properly. Ultimately, I had to get a replacement. I cleaned the problem disc 4 times, which allowed the three drives I have to get farther, but they could not rip the whole thing.

In my experience, I occasionally see examples of a drive not being able to correctly read a disc… but a different drive reads the disc without trouble. I use two drives often when ripping (and have access to a third). If a disc doesn't work correctly in my 'main' drive, I try it in my other drive. Most of the time the other drive reads the disc just fine. If not, I clean the disc, which often lets a drive read it. Rarely do I have to resort to getting a replacement disc.