Star Trek Beyond errors

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
msknight

Star Trek Beyond errors

Post by msknight »

Standard Blu-Ray, read errors come up during ripping... same place every time, on the main presentation file. Happily ripping other BluRay disks with no issue, first time, every time.

Ripping/copying with DDRESCUE is happy enough on the first pass without throwing any read errors, although obviously MakeMKV can't decrypt such a backup.

Backing up with MakeMKV and then copying the offending file off the DDRESCUE iso and into the MakeMKV backup, and then ripping with MakeMKV then results in ...

Code: Select all

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 22840602624, attempting to work around
Failed to save title 1 to file /mnt/jaguar/users/michelle/Videos/bey/Star Trek Beyond_t01.mkv
Encountered 10 errors of type 'HashCheck Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/hashcheck/...
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Offending track...

Code: Select all

Title information
Name: Star Trek Beyond
Source file name: 00800.mpls
Duration: 2:02:22
Chapters count: 14
Size: 33.1 GB
Segment count: 1
Segment map: 800
File name: Star Trek Beyond_t01.mkv
cell21633

Re: Star Trek Beyond errors

Post by cell21633 »

I'm having the same issue with my copy of ST:Beyond, so there must be a bad press that's gone out to circulation. The difference with my copy is ddrescue will actually throw a ton of read errors on the first pass at some point. Is your drive passing the read errors correctly?
I've never been able to complete a read from ddrescue yet, although I have kept my partial image and mapfile so I can resume once I find time again.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Have you tried gently cleaning the disc?

Rip errors: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055
agatek

Post by agatek »

cell21633 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm
I'm having the same issue with my copy of ST:Beyond, so there must be a bad press that's gone out to circulation. The difference with my copy is ddrescue will actually throw a ton of read errors on the first pass at some point. Is your drive passing the read errors correctly?
I've never been able to complete a read from ddrescue yet, although I have kept my partial image and mapfile so I can resume once I find time again.
Well, I completed the ddrescue with the recovery claimed to be 100%, mounted the image, copied the affected files to the partial backup makemkv made and still got the error (The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00078.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 25704757248, attempting to work around / Encountered 121 errors of type 'HashCheck Error') while trying to decrypt. Ok, ddrescue did its best but what was claimed as successful reading was probably not correct reading. Is there really no way to work around it? Loosing half a second of the stream does not look like a big loss comparing to complete failure in recovering the whole movie.