Blu Ray extras but not the movie

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
catdeskchaos

Blu Ray extras but not the movie

Post by catdeskchaos »

Hi,
I am brand new to this. I am sorry if my problem came up before or if there is an introduction that I missed. I looked around but I couldn't find an answer.
I have copied some Blu Rays but I'm having a problem with others where I will get all the extras but not the movie. The most recent one I have had this problem with is the Criterion Collection Blu Ray of the 39 Steps.
I can see what I think is the movie when it shows me things I can copy, but when I ask it to it tells me 0 titles were copied, and then it bounces me back to the selection.
I've cleaned the discs, and this has happened to some other blu rays as well.
I am using an archgon and my system is windows 10 if that matters.
dcoke22

Re: Blu Ray extras but not the movie

Post by dcoke22 »

The bottom half of the MakeMKV window shows a log of what's going. With one of the discs you're having trouble with, copy that log and paste it into this thread so we can see what's going on.

Code: Select all

You can put it in a 'code' block show it shows up like this.
code.jpg
code.jpg (55.79 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
catdeskchaos

Post by catdeskchaos »

Ok, so I put the disk in, have it scan. The log shows this.

MakeMKV v1.16.4 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation version, 22 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
File 00001.mpls was added as title #0
File 00801.mpls was added as title #1
File 00805.mpls was added as title #2
File 00021.mpls was added as title #3
Title #00230.m2ts has length of 0 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00231.m2ts has length of 20 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00295.m2ts has length of 80 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00304.m2ts has length of 80 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00305.m2ts was added as title #4
File 00307.m2ts was added as title #5
File 00308.m2ts was added as title #6
Operation successfully completed
I look at the things I can copy. I have all the extras already so I deselect most of them. I'm fairly sure this is the movie so this is the only one I have check marked.

Title information
Name: THE 39 STEPS
Source file name: 00001.mpls
Duration: 1:26:45
Chapters count: 12
Size: 23.8 GB
Segment count: 1
Segment map: 274
File name: THE 39 STEPS_t00.mkv
Tell it to save to my The 39 Steps - Criterion on my external hard drive. Start by clicking the Make MKV button.

Saving 1 titles into directory E:/The 39 Steps - Criterion
Title 0 skipped
0 titles saved
catdeskchaos

Post by catdeskchaos »

I got a new external hard drive with a different format and haven't had this issue since. So I guess if anyone else has this issue use NTFS format.
NullNix

Post by NullNix »

Ah, that explains it. Older disks are probably formatted with one of the versions of the FAT filesystem which cannot handle files >2GiB in size: the main movie is almost certainly much bigger than that, so writing fails. (You'd usually get a truncated 2GiB file, though, not nothing.)

Disks formatted more recently are probably either NTFS (as noted) or ExFAT, neither of which have this problem.