Errors while reading disc for Castlevania Season 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
hyrulianwhovian

Errors while reading disc for Castlevania Season 2

Post by hyrulianwhovian »

I'm getting errors ripping 2 specific episodes from my blu-ray for Castlevania season 2. I bought it secondhand, but it looked like great condition.

My error logs are as follows:

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00104.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 4323532800, attempting to work around
Failed to save title 9 to file F:/Anime 3/Castlevania/Disc 1/Castlevania- Season Two_t09.mkv
Encountered 8 errors of type 'Read Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/read/
Encountered 3 errors of type 'HashCheck Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/hashcheck/...
0 titles saved, 2 failed

(The top line is repeated hundreds of times, it's more or less the same every time)

I haven't had any issues with this drive before, and I've been able to rip other discs perfectly fine today. It's also only these two files that I can't rip, everything else rips fine.

Any advice?
dcoke22

Re: Errors while reading disc for Castlevania Season 2

Post by dcoke22 »

Try cleaning the disc. Also, try a different optical drive if possible.
hyrulianwhovian

Post by hyrulianwhovian »

dcoke22 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm
Try cleaning the disc. Also, try a different optical drive if possible.
I have tried cleaning the disc. Unfortunately that made no difference. I also do not have access to any other drives at the moment, so I can't test that. I'm guessing there's some invisible damage on the disc. At least Castlevania season 2 is not an expensive disc to replace, so it could be worse. If you have any other ideas for saving this disc though, I'd love to hear them.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055

That's the 'official' rip errors post.