"No mercy" bluray problem

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
thinredline

"No mercy" bluray problem

Post by thinredline »

Hello all. I apologize if this is the wrong subforum to post this. I have a weird problem with this specific bluray from mill creek.
I play my blurays in a LG-BU40N. When i play this bluray i have an intense pixelation problem every now and then. I ripped the disc with makemkv to my hard drive and the whole film played without any problem at all.
What would you advise me to do? Should i ask for a replacement disc? Unfortunately i don't have access to another drive right now.
I should note that i don't have any similar problem with other blurays.
Billycar11

Re: "No mercy" bluray problem

Post by Billycar11 »

thinredline wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:46 am
Hello all. I apologize if this is the wrong subforum to post this. I have a weird problem with this specific bluray from mill creek.
I play my blurays in a LG-BU40N. When i play this bluray i have an intense pixelation problem every now and then. I ripped the disc with makemkv to my hard drive and the whole film played without any problem at all.
What would you advise me to do? Should i ask for a replacement disc? Unfortunately i don't have access to another drive right now.
I should note that i don't have any similar problem with other blurays.
Then the drive is fine and the software is the source of the pixelation
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
thinredline

Post by thinredline »

I tried powerdvd and windvd. The problem is the same. I would try leawo too but i see it needs internet to play the disc and I'm only on mobile internet at this moment since I'm on holidays.
By the way, i just watched another disc ( Iphigenia by olive films) for the first time and it did it again in the last 5 minutes. Pixelation and freezes. *
I'm beginning to think that i have a failing drive, and i' ve only used it for 4 months or so.
Anyway, i have 2 more new blurays to watch. I' ll report here again.

* Tried to rip it 3 times and it failed to rip the complete film.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

With what error timeout on logical unit?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
thinredline

Post by thinredline »

I' m not sure i understood what you said.
But the report says: too many hash check errors in file...
By the way, i just finished watching another bluray and all went fine.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

thinredline wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:46 am
You said you ripped the disc with MakeMKV? And that rip played fine? If that's the case, the implication is the drive is working and suggests that the fault is probably in whatever blu-ray software you're using.
thinredline wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:10 pm
By the way, i just watched another disc ( Iphigenia by olive films) for the first time and it did it again in the last 5 minutes. Pixelation and freezes. *

* Tried to rip it 3 times and it failed to rip the complete film.
If you have a log from MakeMKV trying to rip that movie we can look at it. Most of the time when a rip fails, the optical drive is having trouble reading the disc. The standard recommendation is to gently clean the disc and try again.