Breakfast Club

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
floatinjoe

Breakfast Club

Post by floatinjoe »

I just tried to rip "The Breakfast Club" and it has a feature called "Accepting the Facts: The Breakfast Club Trivia Track". I tried ripping it with all of the subtitles and tested them, but I can't seem to find the trivia track in any of the files. On the BD, it is a "pop up video" style item.

Any thoughts?
meklemm55

Re: Breakfast Club

Post by meklemm55 »

I've just come across the same thing with the same movie. My googling suggests it's some type of java trick that makes it work on the actual blu-ray, but that MakeMKV & Handbrake don't support this.

Have you happened to make any progress on this quest?
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

I never got anywhere with this. I have run across a few other titles that had similar issues, but I don't recall them off hand. Most of the time, it's a simple subtitle track, but that's not the case here.
Peter99

Post by Peter99 »

floatinjoe wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:56 pm
I never got anywhere with this. I have run across a few other titles that had similar issues, but I don't recall them off hand. Most of the time, it's a simple subtitle track, but that's not the case here.
A few months ago, I had the chance of watching a BD (History of the World: Part I (1981)) which has one of those optional on-screen "trivia" tracks, which I was able to rip just fine, since it was stored as an additional track in form of a "PGS" subtitle. But recently, I found out there is another way of storing the same kind of "trivia tracks" into BDs (e.g. 'The French Connection (1971)'), and it is by means of Java coding; in that kind of cases, since they aren't really "tracks" but additional java related files being played on the fly by the BD player, there is no way of saving them at all (afaik). The full BD disc should be kept in order to being able to play them back. :(
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Picture-in-Picture Tracks

I wonder if the method described in that thread will work here.